Fortify in Diablo 4 – The stat in Diablo 4 that absorbs incoming damage to the players and lowers when hit, the amount of HP you lose is Fortify.
Keep reading the guide below to find out all that there is to know about Fortify, what it does, and all the related skills and aspects in the game Diablo 4.
Fortify in Diablo 4
In the latest Diablo 4, Fortify is a defensive stat that does two things primarily, that is, absorbs the incoming damage and reduces the damage taken or the HP you lose when an enemy hits you. However, unlike a shield tower, your HP and Fortify bar will decrease when damaged. Moreover, it will only be effective when the Fortify bar is more than your current HP. So, the players will also be getting the Fortified effect when this happens, which would give the players 10% reduced damage from all the enemies.
How to get Fortify in Diablo 4?
Equip Items with Fortify or Upgrade your skills: Depending on the player’s class, a few skills have an upgrade path that grants you the defensive stat, Fortify. There are also a few passives or skills that can grant buffs to Fortify and its effects. However, this does not necessarily mean that you are granted Fortify itself unless it has been stated explicitly.
An alternate way is to simply equip the items with stats or aspects that grants you Fortify.
All Fortify Skills in Diablo 4
- Thick Skin: You gain XX% Base Life as Fortify each time you take direct damage.
- Counteroffensive: You will deal XX% increased damage when you have, for over 50% of your Maximum life, Fortify.
- Defensive Posture: From all the sources, increases the amount of Fortify you get by XX%.
- Nature’s Resolve: For 4% Base Life, XX% chance when struck to Fortify you.
- Safeguard: For XX% Base Life, Critical Strikes with Earth Skills will Fortify You.
- Stone Guard: Your Earth Skills will increase damage by XX% when you have Fortify for over 50% of your Maximum life.
- Thick Hide: Fortify for XX% Base Life when Knocked Down, Immobilized or Stunned.
- Unrestrained: By XX%, the duration of Control Impairing Effects is reduced. This effect is tripled after fortifying for over 50% of your Maximum life.
All Fortify Aspects in Diablo 4
- Aspect of Tempering Blows: You gain XX Fortify upon swapping your weapons six times.
- Aspect of Numbing Wrath: At Maximum Fury, each point of Fury generated grants you XX Fortify.
- Steadfast Berserker’s Aspect: Lucky Hit: While Berserking, when you deal direct damage, there is a 35% chance that you gain XX Fortify.
- Ballistic Aspect: Your Earth skills gain +2 Ranks upon having Fortify.
- Aspect of Retaliation: Based on the amount of Fortify, your core skills deal almost an increased damage XX%.
- Skinwalker’s Aspect: You gain XX life upon using a Shapeshifting skill that changes your form.
That pretty much sums up all that there is to know about What is Fortify in Diablo 4.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on July 17, 2023
Devanshi, 19, is an optimist and extrovert who loves to read, write, and game. She is an aspiring lawyer and an animal lover at heart. When alone, she can be found playing all sorts of RPG games and, at other times, obsessing over cricket with her friends. All in all, she is a philomath and would never stop watching rom-com classics.