Starfield has a ton of different types of items. They range from weapons to resources to items that are only used for selling. Yes, you will find a lot of items in Starfield that serve only one purpose. You sell them for credits. Now, most of these sellable items don’t have a lot of value, except for the Contraband ones. Contraband items in Starfield are illegal items that you cannot bring to patrolled areas. They are labeled with Yellow boxes beside them. If you try to enter a Patrolled Planet similar to New Atlantis, then your ship will get blocked from landing after the Patrol ships have scanned your ship and detected Contraband items. You will get arrested if you get caught. Now the question is what to do with Contraband Items then?
What to do with Contraband Items
Well, after getting Contraband Items, your main aim is to sell them to vendors. To do that, you will need to land on a planet that has Vendors. To sell the items, you need to find planets that do not have ships patrolling them. Here is where I sell my Contraband Items in Starfield:
- Go to your “Systems” screen (where you can see all the systems).
- Look for Alpha Centauri.
- On the top-right of Alpha Centauri you will spot a system called Wolf.
- Click on it, and on the left side of your screen, you will see the Chthonia planet.
- Surrounding it should be a Space Station called “The Den”.
- Select The Den and Travel to it.
- Since The Den is a Space Station and not a planet, you will have to Dock with it.
- So go near The Den and Dock with it.
- Once you are done, Board the Space Station.
- Walk through the corridor and look to your left. You will notice a Trade Authority.
- There are very less vendors in Starfield that take in Contraband Items. This is one of them.
- Talk to the owner of the Trade Authority, Marcel Dusris, and sell him your Contraband Items.
- If Marcel Runs out of Credits to pay you, just look for Chairs nearby, sit on it, and Wait for 24 hours.
- His credits should get reset by doing this.
Now, if you are trying to avoid the inconvenience of going and selling Contraband Items every time to loot them, then there are certain steps you need to take so that you don’t get caught on Patrolled Plants. Here is how you can carry Contraband Items without getting caught:
The first thing you need to make sure of is that you have transferred the Contraband Items from your Character Inventory to the Ship Storage. Because if you have the items on your Character, you will definitely get caught. Now that you have put the Contraband Items on your ship, you need to visit any Ship Builder and install Shielded Cargo Hold.
You can find a Ship Builder at Akila City on the Akila Planet located in the Cheyenne System. Just at the entrance of Akila City, look to the right for Ship Services, interact with the NPC, Open the Ship Builder, select “Add”, go to the “Cargo” tab, and add any Shielded Cargo to your ship. Finish building up and make sure that you have transferred the Contraband Items to that Shielded Cargo.
Another thing you do is get the Deception Skill from the Social tab. If you level it up to Rank 4, Enemy contraband scans are 50% less effective.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, you can check out our other guides on Starfield. Good luck.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on September 4, 2023
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.