Escape Jail BG3 – In the latest Baldur’s Gate 3, there are numerous ways by which you can end up in a jail cell. Players can become thieves and outlaws, murderous characters or even an anti-hero.
However, even the characters trying to stay good in the game can end up in jail. So what can be done in such a situation? Let’s find out!
How to Escape Jail in Baldur’s Gate 3
Take this example, when in the game, parties stumble upon Mol (a young character) and her hideout, she will give them a count of 10 to leave, and when the party doesn’t, she will take it as a threat and then would report the party for threatening a child. In the game, it is possible to avoid jail if you can somehow roll the dice and result in a 20. However, the chances are pretty slim.
The first jail that players can get thrown at is the Hollow, and the following guide explains how you can escape it and retrieve your belongings. Keep reading to find out!
Avoiding Jail: Dice Roll in BG3
When the party has been reported to the authorities, the guards will try arresting them. At this point, players can use Deception, Performance, Wizard or Persuasion to avoid getting arrested. Even though this depends on the Charisma stats, it is a bit possible that the party gets lucky and deceives or persuades them into leaving them alone and avoiding jail. Here is what you have to do:
- Select the Deception, Performance, Wizard, or Persuasion option. This will initiate a dice roll. The screen for the dice roll will appear.
- If available, add bonuses and roll a 20 or more.
- If the dice roll fails, instead of fighting, players should surrender.
- The players who are determined to win can load their last save.
Lock Picking the Cell Door at Hollow in BG3
When the party finds that they are locked in jail, they will find all their possessions gone. Players can, at this point, with good sleight of hands stat, break out of the cell even without the thieves’ tools. Here is what you need to do:
- Firstly, highlight the cell door.
- Then, select Actions and with the sleight of hand skill, select ‘Pick the lock’.
- After this is done, the dice roll screen appears. Add any bonuses that you want and then roll.
- If you are successful, you can leave without fearing being thrown back into the cell.
Brute Forcing a Way Out of Cell in BG3
The simplest method to break out of the cell at the Hollow in the game, without the thief’s skill, is to punch through the broken door. Here is what you need to do:
- Near the bedroll, you will find the broken door. Mind the explosive mushrooms that are there in the cell.
- Then select Unarmed Combat, and highlight the door. Punch the door till it breaks.
- Then walk off the ledge to the path behind this door. Mind the exploding Malnourished Torchstalks.
- To get across the gaps, use the jump mechanic.
- Then climb the knotted roots. On the left, you will find a Stone door. Do not go through it yet, as it leads to Goblin’s hideout.
- Move towards the right and then use the jump mechanic to try reaching the ledge with the cage.
- Now walk past this cage and then, from the equipment chest, head on to collect your things.
- You and your party are now free.
That pretty much sums up all that there is to know about Baldur’s Gate 3 How to Escape Jail.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing problems not mentioned in this article, you can check out our other guides on Baldur’s Gate III. We will try to come out with a fix. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on August 16, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.