Stun in Diablo 4 – Stunning an enemy has various advantages for you, especially when it comes to ARPG games; take Diablo 4, for instance! To “Stun” an enemy in Diablo 4 basically refers to a crowd-control effect through which an enemy’s movement is affected and more!
There’s a bit to know about it; tune in as we cover everything there is to know about Stun in Diablo 4.
What is Stun in Diablo 4
When you cast a stun on an enemy, the particular enemy or crowd of enemies’ movement is affected, and so is their ability to attack; this, of course, is till the duration of the effect. One thing to know about stun is that it can be countered by using some defensive strategies. The best known now are Immune and Unstoppable, as both debuff stun effects that have been cast on you.
You could also stun bosses in the game, and this helps massively as you do; this won’t work the same as it does on normal enemies, though. You’ll have to fill a staggered meter, after which the Boss will be stunned for a few seconds, which further grants you a window to cast all of your best skills onto the Boss for some added damage. While in the staggered stage, even the boss won’t be able to move or attack you!
Nevertheless, many skills and aspects in the game are related to the stun effect; here’s a complete list of them both!
All Stun-related Skills in Diablo 4 for the Barbarian class
- Ground Stomp: Enemies in your proximity will be stunned for 3 seconds while XX% of additional damage is dealt!
- Bash: You’ll bash your enemy with your weapon, which deals XX% of damage. Bashing your enemies consecutively for more than or equal to four times leads to the enemy being stunned for about a second and a fourth! If you’re using a two-handed weapon, the stun time increases to two seconds.
- Kick: Enemies in front of you are thrown back along with some damage being dealt, done through a basic kick. Enemies that you manage to kick all the way back to the terrain are stunned for 3 seconds, along with some additional damage being dealt!
- Wallop: Bludgeoning weapons deal XX% of increased damage if the said enemy is stunned or vulnerable.
- Concussion: Lucky Hit: Any skills that use Bludgeoning weapons will have up to XX% of a chance to stun enemies for 3 seconds or an additional YY% of a chance if a two-handed weapon is used for the same.
- Iron Maelstrom: Activate this skill three times to attach chains to your weapons. This will perform an attack as your Two-handed Bludgeoning Weapon slams into the ground, all while dealing 60% damage and stunning enemies for 2 seconds. Once Done, your Two-handed weapon slash-swipes in your proximity while dealing 20% of additional damage and 120% bleeding damage for 5 seconds. Lastly, as your Weapons swing close to you, dealing 33% of damage per every successful hit.
- No Mercy: Have a chance that’s increased by XX% to land a Critical Strike against an enemy that’s immobilized, slowed or stunned!
All Stun-related skills in Diablo 4 for the Necromancer Class
- Crippling Darkness: Lucky Hit: Have an additional 15% chance to stun enemies for XX seconds.
- Corpse Tendrils: Stun enemies for 3 seconds as you burst out veins from an enemy corpse, that’ll further pull enemies around. This doesn’t consume the corpse and deals a further XX% of damage to the targeted enemy.
- Golem: (Passive) – You’ll be protected by a golem with a certain percentage of health; the Golem will also attack for 30% of the enemy’s health. (Active) You can command the Golem to head towards a targeted area and slam its fists onto the ground. This’ll deal 175% damage and stun your enemy for 3 seconds. There’s a further 10-second cooldown. These golems tend to spawn every 20 seconds.
- Terror: Deal XX% of bonus damage to enemies using Darkness skills to slow enemies. Another YY% of bonus damage is granted if the enemy is Immobilized or Stunned. These bonuses can lastly be stacked and applied to shadow damage dealt by minions!
All Stun-related skills in Diablo 4 for the Rogue Class
- Momentum: Cutthroat-type skills will grant a stack of momentum for 8 seconds if you hit a Dazed, Stunned or Frozen enemy. If you’re at three stacks of momentum and hit your enemy from behind, you’ll gain 30% of increased energy regen, a 20% increase in damage reduction, and a 15% movement speed gain!
- Exposure: Lucky Hit Chance: If an enemy is affected by a trap skill, and you’ve hit it directly, you’ll have a 25% chance to reduce the active cooldowns of your Trap skills. Further, drop cluster stun grenades that explode and deal 40% of physical-type damage for 0.5 seconds.
- Shadow Crash: Lucky Hit Chance: Have up to 10% chance in case of Shadow damage to stun enemies for a total of XX seconds.
All Stun-related skills in Diablo 4 for the Druid Class
- Petrify: All nearby enemies will be encased in stone and stunned for 3 seconds. An additional 30% increased Critical Strike damage is dealt to enemies affected by the Petrify skill. In the case of the opponent being a boss, there’s a 50% increase in Critical Strike Damage and a 6-second stun duration.
- Trample: You’ll shapeshift into a Werebear while becoming unstoppable. This’ll deal XX% of damage and will, at the same time, knock back enemies. If the enemy is knocked back into the terrain, they’re stunned for 3 seconds and will take an additional YY% of damage.
- Nature’s Reach: Deal XX% of increased damage to distant enemies. The bonus is doubled if they’re slowed, stunned, Immobilized or Knocked Back.
- Earthen Might: Lucky Hit: If you manage to damage enemies with earthen skills, You’ll have a 5% chance to let all of your attacks be critical damage attacks for the next 5 seconds and restore your spirits. The chance increases by another 10% for Critical Strikes and 10% if the enemy is Stunned, Knocked Back or Immobilized.
- Bad Omen: Lucky Hit: Have a 10% chance to hit a lightning bolt towards your enemy that deals XX% damage if they’re Vulnerable, Slowed or Immobilized.
- Crushing Earth: Stunned, Slowed, Knocked Back, or Immobilized enemies will be dealt XX% of additional damage if an Earth skill is used.
- Thick Hide: Be fortified for XX% of your base life whenever you are stunned, Immobilized or Knocked Back.
- Natural Disaster: Deal XX% of increased Damage to vulnerable enemies. Further, your storm-type skills tend to deal YY% of increased damage to enemies that are Knocked Back, Stunned or Immobilized.
All Stun-Related Skills for the Sorcerer Class
- Convulsions: Lucky Hit: Have an XX% of chance to stun enemies for 3 seconds when using Shock Skills.
- Arc Lash: An Arc Lightning is unleashed that’ll deal XX% of damage to enemies right before you. Every ten times Arc Lash swipes, it’ll stun all nearby enemies for 2 seconds.
- Shocking Impact: Deal XX% of lightning damage to enemies every time you stun them!
All Stun-related Aspects in Diablo 4
For the Necromancer Class
- Torturous Aspect: Enemies you manage to afflict with using your Iron Maiden will have an XX% chance to be stunned for a duration of 1 second, in case of directly dealt damage!
For the Druid Class
(NO ASPECTS RELATED TO THIS CLASS)
For the Barbarian Class
- Skullbreaker’s Aspect: A bleeding enemy, if stunned, deals XX% of their total bleeding amount to them in the form of Physical Damage.
- Aspect of Anemia: Lucky Hit: Direct Damage dealt to bleeding enemies has up to an XX% chance for them to be stunned for 2 seconds.
- Weapon Master’s Aspect: An additional charge for your weapon mastery skill is provided. Lucky Hit: If you damage an enemy with a weapon mastery skill, you’ll have an XX% chance to stun them for 2 seconds.
For the Rogue Class
- Opportunist’s Aspect: Drop a cluster of Stun Grenades around yourself that deal XX% of physical damage, stunning enemies for 0.5 seconds. It works just after you break stealth with an attack!
- Aspect of Surprise: When you Shadow Step or Evade, a cluster of stun grenades will be left behind that explode and deal XX% of total physical damage while stunning enemies for 2 seconds.
- Trickster’s Aspect: A cluster of exploding stun grenades will be thrown by Caltrops too. These deal an additional XX% of total physical damage and will cause enemies to be stunned for 0.5 seconds.
For the Sorcerer Class
- Aspect of Control: Deal an additional XX% of damage to Immobilized, Stunned or Frozen enemies.
- Aspect of Retribution: Have an 8% chance to stun distant enemies for two seconds if they hit you. You’ll further deal XX% of increased damage to stunned enemies.
That’s everything there is to know about Stun; it’s Skills, and Aspects in Diablo 4.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on July 10, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.