Tekken 8 won’t launch – This article will guide you on how to fix Tekken 8 won’t Launch and Crash at Startup for PC.
Tekken 8 Won’t Launch, and Crashing at Startup fix.
Here are some of the troubleshooting methods that you can try out if Tekken 8 is crashing at startup or not launching on your Windows PC:-
1. System Requirements
Despite being on Unreal Engine 5, Tekken 8 is highly optimized if you have a decent gaming system. But still, you need to double-check whether you are meeting the system requirements.
2. Make sure that your Windows and Drivers are updated
Nowadays, most features and updates are not supported if you don’t have the latest version of Windows. Keep your system updated and never install unnecessary gimmicky gaming software, as those will maximize the causes of Crashes in Tekken 8. Remember that the newer drivers will be better regarding compatibility issues and will also fix most of the Direct 3D or the Direct X Errors in MK1.
3. Download Drivers for Tekken 8 – Nvidia
- Nvidia already released their Driver v551.23 specifically for Tekken 8. You can download the latest driver from Nvidia’s Website.
4. Download Drivers for Tekken 8 – AMD
- AMD also released their latest Adrenalin 24.1.1 WHQL Recommended Drivers for Tekken 8, which you can download from AMD’s Website.
5. Tekken 8 C++ Runtime Error
If you are getting an error message after Tekken crashes, that says:
The following components are required to run this program:
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime
Would you like to install them now?
It means you just need to re-install Microsoft Visual Studio because there is a chance that it might not have been installed properly.
- Try downloading the latest version of Microsoft Visual Studio from the following link. Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64).
- Once you have downloaded the file, right-click on vc_redist.x86.exe and select “Run as administrator.”
- Select the Install or the Repair button.
- Restart the computer when prompted.
6. Your Antivirus Software could be the reason
Apparently, some Anti-Virus software are deleting the .exe file of Tekken 8, causing people to get an error like this whenever they try to launch the game.
Add the Tekken 8 executable files to your Antivirus Software exceptions list. You can also try pausing the protection when trying to run the game. Antivirus software occasionally prevents the game from running, installing, or patching properly. You might also have to disable the Real-Time Scanning Features on your Antivirus software.
8. Launch Tekken 8 as administrator
You can try launching the .exe file of Tekken, which is Tekken8.exe, as an admin. Go to the Compatibility tab and check the option “Run this Program as an Administrator”.
If you don’t know where to find the exe file.
- Go to your Steam Library.
- Select Tekken 8.
- Click on the “Gear” icon on the right side of your screen.
- Select Manage > Browse Local Files.
9. Verify the Integrity of Files
Because of some corrupted or partly downloaded files, Tekken 8 might fail to launch. You can easily verify the files on the Steam by following these simple steps.
- Firstly, open your Steam Library.
- Find Tekken 8.
- Right-click on it and select the Properties option.
- Click on Local Files from the left panel and select ‘Verify integrity of game files’.
- The verification process will take some time, so wait for a while. After it is done, restart Steam and try launching the game again.
Last Updated on January 27, 2024
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.