Pubg drone controls – This guide will show you all the Controls for the new Drone, that has arrived in PUBG: Battlegrounds, with the latest update.
PUBG is getting a Drone
It has finally happened. Pubg is finally free-to-play. The latest update 15.2 has brought quite a lot of changes to the games. If you haven’t played the game in a while, you will be surprised when you log in for the first time.
Besides making the game free-to-play, the devs have introduced a brand-new category of tactical items. Tactical Gear, that strays from pure gunplay to provide our players various options for improving their in-game performances. You won’t notice any benefit right off the bat. But, I can already see these new items becoming the next big thing in PUBG.
As Tactical Gear will be taking up players’ primary weapon slots, which will allow players to come up with more creative long-term strategies.
In this article, I will be taking a looking at the Drone Tactical Gear. The Drone is a Tactical Gear that allows players to scout a far distance safely and even pick up an item without facing the risk of direct combat. Drones will spawn in every map, and will be available in Normal Matches, Custom Games, Training Mode, and Sandbox Mode. Once players loot and equip the drone, they can hold the Drone Tablet in their hands. First, let check out the drone controls:
PUBG Drone Controls
|Player has the Drone equipped and Drone Tablet in hand||Switch to Drone View||Left Click (fire key)||R2 Button||Right Trigger (RT)|
|Recall Drone||Right Click (alt action key)||L2 Button||Left Trigger (LT)|
|Player has a damaged Drone in hand||Repair Drone||Left Click (fire key)||R2 Button||Right Trigger (RT)|
|In Drone View||Fly forward||W||
|Left Stick Button|
|Fly backwards||S||L3 Button||Left Stick|
|Fly left||A||L3 Button||Left Stick|
|Fly right||D||L3 Button||Left Stick|
|Fly up||Spacebar (jump key)||R2 Button||Right Trigger (RT)|
C (crouch key)
|Left Trigger (LT)|
|Fly faster||Hold Left Shift (sprint key)||
Right Bumper (RB)
|Fly slower||Hold Left Ctrl (walk key)||L1 Button||
Left Bumper (LB)
|Pick up item||F (interact key)||Square Button||X|
|Drop holding item||F (interact key)||Square Button||X|
|Switch to Player View||Left Click (fire key)||Circle Button||B|
|Map Ping||Middle Click (map ping key)||R3 Button||Right Stick Button|
Now, I had to craft the table from scratch, because the controls provided by the devs on the original table, is high inaccurate. I had a really hard time, spotting the mistakes. Check the table out:
How to use the Drone in PUBG
Now, let us take a look at what the Drone does, and how to use it in fights:
- Players can then toggle in and out of Drone View.
- The Drone will launch into the air once players toggle into Drone View.
- A Drone in flight will make noise and have a distinctive blinking light.
- A deployed Drone will be identifiable by a unique drone icon both on the map and minimap.
- In Drone View, players’ characters will stop moving and give up control of their body as they fly around in the perspective of the Drone.
- If players toggle out of Drone View, the Drone will remain hovering in its current position.
- Players can recall a Drone in flight.
- When a recall is initiated, the Drone will attempt to fly back in a straight line to the spot the player recalled it.
- The Drone will fly back to the location the player first recalled it.
- When the recall is in progress, the recall will be stopped if the player attempts to use the Drone Tablet.
- When the recall is in progress, the recall will be stopped if the player uses the recall feature again.
- It cannot avoid obstacles or move through solid objects while being recalled.
- The Drone has a large 300m operation radius that players must stay in while flying the Drone.
- The Drone alerts players with a warning message and a static screen when it’s within 90m of its maximum operation radius.
- If the Drone leaves its operation radius, it will get destroyed and players will need to retrieve it and repair the Drone to use it again.
- The Drone has a maximum HP of 35 and can take damage from various things.
- A Drone can be damaged by
- Flying outside of the operation radius
- Vehicle collision
- When the Drone’s HP reaches 0, it will fall to the ground and get destroyed. Players must retrieve the Drone and repair it to use it again.
- A Drone can be damaged by
- A Drone can loot a single item to its single inventory slot.
- For example, a stack of bandages (5) is also considered a single item.
- Drones can not pick up items from Care Packages, deathboxes, and trunks.
- Players in Drone View are also able to drop the held item any time.
- They can receive the Drone’s held item by recalling the Drone.
- Players will be able to ping normally while toggled in Drone View.
- The ping icon will be displayed as a regular ping.
And, that is all the information I have for the Drone Controls in PUBG. If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you have any addition to make regarding this topic, then also you can comment below. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on January 5, 2022
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.