Naraka Bladepoint crashing and won’t launch – Naraka Bladepoint is a fresh take on the Battle Royale genre. The approach that 24 Entertainment has taken, is kind of similar to another BR title I know, Spellbreak. Spellbreak was all about abilities, and Naraka is all about melee-based combat.
It is a Battle Royale where up to 60 players can take part in the single match. Instead of straight-up weapons, Bladepoint offers players insane mobility powered by parkour and grappling hook, a vast arsenal of melee and ranged weapons, and a roster of characters with powerful abilities. The game is doing quite well so far on PC, and to be honest, it is too early to say how things would turn up for Naraka Bladepoint in the future
Naraka Bladepoint – Crashing at startup – Game won’t launch – How to fix
Now that we are done discussing what the concept of the game is, let’s talk about the issues that it has. A lot of players, who have bought Naraka Bladepoint on PC via Steam, are facing a handful of errors. The game is crashing for some, and for some it won’t even launch or start.
Players with medium-end rigs, players with high-end rigs. Plenty of users are experiencing these issues. Check out this post by Steam user /Akia, who, despite having a good gaming PC, is facing crashes:
Game keep crashing to desktopMy game keeps crashing to desktop
Anyone know how to fix this issue?Window 10 Pro
NVIDIA Gefore GTX 1080 Ti
RAM 16 GB
I understand that crashes and startup/launch errors could be caused by completely random factors. Still, there are some basic steps you can try to fix the issues.
How to fix the crashing and the launch issues
Here is a list of some tips you can follow to solve your problems:
- Windows 10 and System requirements – Before you move any further, make sure that you are running the game on Windows 10. Naraka Bladepoint does not have Windows 7 support. Also, compare the system requirements of Naraka Bladepoint with the hardware specifications of your PC. Check it here.
- Drivers and OS – Nvidia has already released a driver that is specifically optimized for Naraka Bladepoint. The version is 471.68. Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues. This should be an obvious step by now. The newer the drivers are, the better will be their compatibility. Doing this would also fix any DirectX or Direct3D errors in Naraka Bladepoint.
- Install the game on a SSD, if you have one – The difference in experience between HDD and SDD is night and day. Here is a Steam user sharing his/her experience:
Heres the noticeable different
– Main menu now doesn’t load in like a broken game where game start to render each part of character.
– Smoother spawning in the waiting area.
– Smoother experience and no massive fps drop when spawning in the arena.
– Considerable reduction in fps drop. (No longer experiencing random drop that turn game into a slideshow)
– No longer latency spike to 500ms (for some reason)
– So far no crashes. (Crashes 4 times in a row on HDD)
Save to say this game is horrible optimized for HDD. If you have a SSD consider moving the game file if you want a playable experience. (This problem might be fix during launch)
- Anti-virus software – Add the .exe file of Naraka Bladepoint to the Exceptions list of your AV Software. Or you can disable your Anti-virus software temporarily.
- Overclocking software – Overclocking your GPU or CPU using certain applications could also lead to crashes. A lot of games have been suffering from crashes lately due to applications like MSI Afterburner. So it is best to stay on the safe side and run your graphics card on default speeds.
- Visual Studio – If you are getting errors like “vcruntime140_1.dll missing” or “MSVCP140.dll was not found”. Then go ahead and install the latest version of Visual C++ redistributable, as there’s a chance it hasn’t been installed correctly.
- Launch as admin – Just head over to the installation folder of Naraka Bladepoint > Right-Click on the .exe file > Go to Compatibility tab > Check “Run this program as an administrator”. And that is all you need to do.
- Verify the files – The launching/starting failure could be due to some corrupted files in the directory. You can fix that by simply repairing the game via Steam. Go to you Library and right-click on Naraka Bladepoint. Select Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
- Re-installation – Re-install the game in the different location if nothing else works.
Note : These are all basic tips and won’t require you to do anything advanced. I believe if someone has already decided to go for a refund. He/She might as well try to fix it first. Since the game launched just a while ago, the “very specific” fixes haven’t surfaced yet. I am constantly checking all the forums. And as soon as something comes up that is guaranteed to fix these issues, I will post it here.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Naraka Bladepoint guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on August 22, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.