WWE 2K23 Controller not Working – WWE 2K23 is a Fighting Game developed by Visual Concepts and falls under the Sports Category. It is published by 2K, their 10th installment under their banner. The game has been around for over 23 editions now, and the new 2023 version features new wrestlers, arenas and a new “Warmode” Game mode.
WWE games are made to play with controllers, and the controller issues are also persistent in this year’s edition. A lot of gamers on forums are complaining about their controller not working when they are playing WWE 2K23 on PC. Since we faced a similar issue initially, we decided to give you a quick idea of what steps you can take to fix this. So the article will guide you on how to fix the controller not working on your PC.
WWE 2K23 Fix Controller not Working For PC
These are the three fixes you do to fix the controller not working for the PC issue.
Disable the Steam Input Completely
You can disable the Steam input to load the native profiles for WWE 2K23. Here are the steps to disable Steam Input.
- First, you will have to exit the game
- Get back to the desktop and open the steam app
- Go to the library and find the WWE 2K23 game and right-click on it
- Select Properties, and you will find the Controller option on the left.
- Select that, and an option will be “Override for WWE 2K23.”
- Select the “Disable Steam Input” option.
- Relaunch the game, and it will work now.
Use Wired Mode for the Game Controller
It is always preferable to use a wired controller than a wireless one. Wireless Gaming controllers are the trend, but we face issues wirelessly connecting controllers with many games. Especially those using the PS5 Controllers on PC face problems when running them wirelessly via Bluetooth. When switched to a wired controller, it solved the issue for them.
Check if the controllers are detected
To see if Steam has detected your controller, check the steam app. You can do it by:
- Go to Steam and open Settings.
- The Controller option will be on the left
- Select the General Controller Settings that are on the left panel
- The plugged controllers will be automatically detected.
- If not, then disconnect the controller and connect it back again.
- Restart the system and check whether it is showing up or not.
So this was all about the WWE 2K23 Controller Issues and their possible fixes. We had a similar issue while running the game for the first time, but disabling Steam input worked for us. But when we connected the PS5 dual sense controllers wirelessly, it was not detecting. Later on, we switched to a wired mode, and it started working flawlessly. I hope the developers notice all the controller-related issues and fix those in future updates.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you have any additions to this topic, you can comment below. And for more WWE 2K23 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on March 20, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.