We have been very active on the forums since Helldivers 2 was released. And many people complain about Helldivers 2 crashing on AMD Graphics Cards. This article is meant explicitly for AMD GPU owners who are frustrated with finding a fix for this. Although the fix is quite simple, knowing what to do exactly is the challenge.
So, in this article, we will discuss how you can counter Helldivers 2 Crashing on AMD Graphics Cards.
Helldivers 2 crashing on AMD GPU Fix
A Steam User called /PaTek2 raised this specific issue with the game. He says he runs the game on an AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D paired with a Radeon RX 79900XT; apart from that, his system is pretty much up to date with the latest components installed. Despite that, he still complains that Helldivers 2 crashes randomly during the In game events like Rescue Hell Arrival, Player Death, Enemy Death, Tutorial Mission, etc. The game crashes along with the AMD Driver. Occasionally, the game gets stuck and freezes the system until you do a warm reset. Not only /PaTek2 but several other players are having the same issue.
AMD GPU Crash Fix
Disable two of these options from the Helldivers 2 In game Graphics Settings –
- Turn off the Anti-Aliasing
- Turn off the Space Global
Apart from that, these are some things you must keep in mind to prevent a crash if you are on an AMD GPU.
- Keep your AMD Drivers Up to Date. Download the latest drivers by clicking here.
- If you have overclocked your AMD GPU, please restore it to its factory settings. This applies to your CPU as well.
- Double-check if the AMD Adrenalin Control Center settings are messed up. If yes, restore it to its default settings.
- See if your GPU is overheating. If yes, visit the service center and get the thermal pads replaced.
- Check if you have any pending updates left on Windows that need to be installed.
- If nothing above works, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Drivers. Use the DDU or Display Driver Uninstaller to uninstall the driver. Reinstall the driver you downloaded in (Point. 1) and restart your system.
So that was all about how to fix Helldivers 2 Crashing on AMD GPUs.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you have any additions to this topic, you can comment below. And for more Helldiver 2 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on February 10, 2024
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.