Ghostrunner blurry graphics fix – Is the graphics of Ghostrunner appearing a bit blurry to you? Here is how to fix it.
Graphics in Ghostrunner looks Blurry and Washed out – How to fix
Why Ghostrunner looks blurry?
Ghostrunner finally got released on all platforms and we have to say that the game has managed to garner some really good reviews. Which includes an 8 out of 10 from IGN. But that doesn’t stop the game from having performance issues.
A lot of PC users might have already noticed by now that the textures of Ghostrunner appear to be blurry. And the problem doesn’t go away even with all the video settings set to the highest possible quality. So what is the problem here? Well, it is due to the anti-aliasing setting of game. The game is forced to appear blurry due to it’s really bad Anti-aliasing.
This is really disappointing as when the trailer of Ghostrunner got released, the graphics showcased in the trailer got everyone extremely thrilled and excited. The system requirements of the game are also fairly high. I have also tried the game with RTX on. Except for some extra reflections, I didn’t notice much difference.
People who are playing this game on 4k resolution might not notice any difference. But people who are on 1080p monitors are really experiencing the blurriness. So is there a fix?
How to fix the blurriness/fuzziness?
There are posts regarding this issue on multiple forums and I have already seen people refund the game due to this. Some are even claiming that the blurriness along with the FOV and movement of the game, is triggering their motion sickness.
- Fortunately, you can fix this by some simple tweaks in the video settings menu. Here is what you need:
- Launch the game
- Go to the Settings menu
- Click on the Video tab and tweak the following options:
DLSS : Off
Anti-aliasing : Medium
V-sync : Off
Blur : Off
FidelityFX Upsampling : Off
FidelityFX Sharpening : On
Fidelity Sharpening Scale : 100
Try these settings and the game will look a lot sharper.
If you are an Nvidia user then here is how you can increase the sharpness of the game:
- Launch Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings
- Click on the Program Settings tab
- Locate Ghostrunner from the drop down menu under “Select a program to customize”
- If you don’t see the game on the list then click on the Add button and another list will appear
- If you still cannot spot the game then you need to add the .exe file manually which in this case is Ghostrunner.exe.
- Click on Browse
- Locate the folder where you have installed the game
- Select the executable file or the .exe file
- Once you have successfully added the game, you will then see the program settings become available for the game
- Now click on Image Sharpening
- Turn it on
- Set Sharpen to 0.60
- Set Ignore film grain to 0.17
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game then try checking out our other guides on Ghostrunner. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all folks!