Apex Legends download stuck – Stuck while downloading the S14 or Hunted update in Apex Legends? Don’t worry, we got you.
Apex Legends Season 14 Download Stuck – Hunted Update
The Hunted or the Season 14 update has dropped in Apex Legends just a while ago. The update has brought a ton of content in the game. From brand-new skins to various bug fixes, this huge update has it all.
Apart from a usual new character or Legend(Vantage), the update has brought huge changes to the King’s Canyon, and it is once again back on the Ranked Playlist. Not only that, but the Ranked mode has also undergone some changes, and some old legends and weapons have received a nice buff. And, there is also a brand-new Season 14 Battle Pass. You can check out the full Season 14 patch notes here.
It is now a known fact that every time an update comes to Apex Legends, it fixes few things but also ends up breaking few. Same thing is happening this time. Looks like a lot of players are unable to complete the update process. It is basically a bug where the download gets stuck at 98% on Origin, or gets completely stuck on Steam.
This is actually happening to a lot of people and even some Twitch streamers had to face this issue. So is there a way to fix this?
How to fix the “download stuck” bug
Though the bug sounds pretty complex, the fix for it is very simple. A lot of users are restarting the download without knowing about the fix. Do not do that! Here is how to fix it:
- Pause your Apex Legends Update on Steam, and wait for your download speed to hit 0. As soon as it does, resume the download
- If you are experiencing this issue on Origin or EA Play, then you can do the exact same thing there, as well. Pause the download, wait for the download speed and write speed to hit 0, and resume
- The second thing you can do is, restart Origin or Steam, or your entire PC (Funny how this works every time)
If that doesn’t work, here is another thing you can try:
- Type “Security” in the Windows Search bar
- Open the Windows Security App, which should show up at the top
- Click on “Virus & threat protection”, from the left
- Under Virus & threat protection, click on ‘Manage settings’
- Under Exclusions, click on Add or remove exclusions
- Click on Add an exclusion
- Select Folder
- Add the steamapps folder
- Pause the download on Steam
- Start it again
- If you are using Origin, add the folder where you install your Origin games, as well as the Origin folder from: C:\Program Files (x86)
And that is all you have to do. Just wait a few seconds and your download with start again with full download speed.
Alternate method [For Origin users only]
- Create a new file on your desktop
- Paste this inside the document:
- It should look like this:
- Click on File, located on top-left
- Click on Save as
- Change “Save as type:” to All Files
- Name the file EACore.ini and save the file
- You should see a new file called EACore on your desktop
- Launch Origin via the Origin desktop icon
- Your download will start with full speed
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing problems that are not mentioned in this article then also you can comment below. We will try to come out with a fix. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on August 10, 2022
Shoaib, 29, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoy new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.