Darktide Graphics Settings – Warhammer 40K Darktide is one of the best first-person action-adventure games that came out recently, and we have had a blast playing it from the launch date itself. Since it is free on Game Pass, most players will join in to play this title; we have the best graphics settings for you so you can enjoy Darktide without stuttering or FPS Drops.
Warhammer 40000 Darktide is a first-person action game developed and published by Fatshark. It features an excellent Coop experience and is currently available for Xbox Series X/S and Microsoft Windows. You can play this game for free if you have the Xbox Gamepass Subscription. The game received many positive reviews on Steam and is set in the fictional city of Tertium, where your goal is to take back the city from the hands of the bloodthirsty enemies you will encounter in this game. This is a must-play title for anyone looking to try a new Coop Fighting Game.
Steam Hardware Survey shows that most AAA gamers still use older graphics cards like the GTX 1060, GTX 1650 or RTX 2060. We did see the use of RTX 3060 GPUs increasing on the Steam charts because after the GPU Price dropped, alot of gamers upgraded their Graphics cards. But I would also like to add that although bitcoin mining is not prevalent anymore and the prices of the GPUs have gone down, but not by the margin that we expected. Better GPUs like the higher-end RTX or RX Series are still out of reach for a casual or an intermediate gamer to buy or invest upon.
So to help out our fellow gamers running older generation hardware, we have the best graphics settings to fix Stuttering and FPS Drops in Warhammer Darktide.
NOTE: The test has been conducted on an RTX 3060 Ti PC.
Darktide Best Graphics Settings to fix Stuttering and FPS Drops
Here are some of my suggested Graphics Settings for Warhammer Darktide, which will fix your low fps, stuttering and other performance issues.
- Field of View: HFOV – 97 / VFOV – 65 [Best for us, You can change it according to your preference]
- Resolution: 2560×1440 [Set your native resolution]
- Screen Mode: Full Screen
- V-Sync: Off [turn it off for better performance]
- Brightness: Change according to your preference
- Nvidia DLSS: On [Turn it on if you have an RTX GPU]
- Super Resolution: Quality [Always select quality when using DLSS]
- Nvidia Reflex Low Latency: Enabled [To use Nvidia’s exclusive low latency technology]
- Framerate Cap: Unlimited [No need to cap framerate]
- FidelityFX Super Resolution 2: Off [Turn it on if you have a supported AMD GPU]
- FidelityFX Super Resolution 1.0: Off [Turn it on if you have a supported AMD GPU]
- Sharpen: On [For images to look sharper]
- Anti-Aliasing: Off [Keep it off as it affects performance]
- Ray Tracing: Off [Kept it off for better performance]
Advanced Graphics Settings
- Ambient Occlusion Quality: Medium [Medium looks better and doesn’t affect performance]
- Light Quality: High [For better visuals]
- Volumetric Fog Quality: Medium
- Depth of Field: Off [Toggle it on or off according to your liking]
- Global Illumination: High [For better environment lighting]
- Bloom: Off [Personally didn’t like the Bloom effect on Darktide]
- Skin Sub Surface Scattering: Off
- Motion Blur: Off [Keep it off always]
- Screen Space Reflections: Medium
- Lens Quality: On
- Lens Quality Colour Fringe: Off (This is Chromatic Aberration)
- Lens Quality Distortion: Off [looks sharper when off]
- Lens Flares: All Lights [for better visuals]
- Scatter Density: 0.85 [more scatter will affect performance]
- Max Ragdolls: 10
- Max Weapon Impact Decals: 50
- Max Blood Decals: 50 [Best to keep it at half because you won’t notice anyway]
- Decal Lifetime: 40
Darktide Gore Settings
- Blood Decals: On
- Gibbing: On
- Enemy Wounds: On
- Ragdoll Interaction: On
How to fix the Stuttering, FPS Drops, and Lag in Warhammer Darktide
Download the latest NVIDIA drivers that provide optimal support for Darktide. The version that you will need is 526.98. Download and install it manually from here or update it via GeForce Experience.
AMD users can download the latest Adrenalin 22.11.1 Optional version from here, and it fully supports Darktide and all its features. You can fill in the necessary details, and the download links will load up.
Go to Settings and click on the Windows Update tab. You can always install the pending Windows updates to ensure there is no performance loss, especially for Darktide.
Tweak the Nvidia Control Panel settings for Darktide
Here are some settings you can use in the Nvidia Control Panel settings to fix stuttering and low FPS in Warhammer 40K Darktide.
- Go to your Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on “Adjust image settings with preview”, located on the left side under 3D settings
- Select “Use my preference emphasising” and set it to “Performance.”
- Click on Ok and head back to Steam and,
- Restart Darktide again
- Play the game for a while and check whether you get the fps drops or not
Disable Nvidia Instant Replay or Windows Background Recording
Turn off all the features like Nvidia Instant replay and Windows Background Recording. The Xbox Game Bar and Game Mode should be disabled as well.
How to turn off Nvidia Instant Replay:
- Press Alt+Z
- The Nvidia In-Overlay will show up
- Click on the Instant Replay block
- Turn it off from there
How to turn off Background Recording:
- Go to your Windows 10/ Windows 11 settings menu
- Select Gaming
- Select Captures from the left
- Turn off Background Recording for the menu
If your system has multi GPUs, select the proper GPU [Specially For Gaming Laptops]
You may also be running your gaming PC with two video cards. Make sure the game uses your dedicated graphics card instead of the integrated one.
If you are using an Nvidia GPU, here is what you need to do:
- Go to Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings
- Select Global Settings
- Then, under “Preferred graphics processor”, select High-performance NVIDIA processor
These are some of the fixes we have found to be working amongst the Warhammer PC Community regarding the Performance issues in Darktide. But we will be adding more suggestions to the article.
Remember that none of these methods is advanced and is pretty basic. There is no guarantee that these steps will fix your problem 100%. If the issue you are facing is severe, then the best option would be to contact Fatshark support. I suggest you look at the official Warhammer Darktide Reddit or the Steam discussions page of Darktide. You will find a lot of players discussing these same issues.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Darktide PC guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will cover every technical issue of the game on the launch day. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on December 10, 2022
Akash Roy, 30, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.