Project Cars 3 blurry fix – Is Project Cars 3 appearing a bit blurry for you? Here is how to fix it.
Project Cars 3 – Game looks blurry – How to fix
Why Project Cars 3 looks blurry
Project Cars 3 is finally out and it is doing quite well so far. But that doesn’t stop the game from having various bugs and performance issues like lag, crashes, stutters, etc.
A lot of PC users might have already noticed by now that Project Cars appears to be blurry. Even with all the video settings set to Maximum, it appears blurry. This is really disappointing as the system requirements of the game are quite high. There are a lot of people who might have been waiting for so long to play Project Cars 3 on their high-end gaming rigs. But now all they have is a game with blurry textures.
The reason for this blurriness is the anti-aliasing setting of game. The game is forced to appear blurry due to it’s really bad TAA or FXAA solution. People who are playing this game on 4k resolution might not notice any difference. But people who are on 1080p monitors are really experiencing the blurriness. So is there a fix?
How to fix the blurriness
The most straightforward way to do it is by turning Super Sampling all the way to maximum. But by doing you will take a really huge performance hit. If your system doesn’t have a RTX or one of the new AMD RX graphics cards then I would not recommend doing that.
There is another way to increase the sharpness of the game. It can be done from the control panel of your graphics card. The steps listed here are for the Nvidia Control Panel but the AMD Control Panel also has similar settings.
If you are an Nvidia user then here is how you can increase the sharpness of the game:
- Launch Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings
- Click on the Program Settings tab
- Locate Project Cars 3 from the drop down menu under “Select a program to customize”
- If you don’t see the game on the list then click on the Add button and another list will appear
- If you still cannot spot the game then you need to add the .exe file manually.
- Click on Browse
- Locate the folder where you have installed the game
- Select the executable file or the .exe file which in this case should be pCARS3.exe
- Once you have successfully added the game, you will then see the program settings become available for the game
- Now click on Image Sharpening
- Turn it on
- Set Sharpen to 0.60
- Set Ignore film grain to 0.17
And that is all you need to do.
Here are two screenshots placed side by side to compare the difference:
The image on the left is showing the graphics of the game with Image Sharpening on and the graphics settings set to Medium-High. While the image on the right is showing the graphics of the game with Image Sharpening off and the graphics settings set to Ultra.
The best thing about the Image Sharpening feature is that you won’t lose performance because you are not really making any changes to the in-game graphics of the game.
If you think this guide has helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, If you have any addition to make regarding this topic then also you can comment below. Good luck!
That’s all folks!