Diablo 4 Voice Chat – The latest Diablo 4 has included the in-game voice chat feature for its player. The game supports the clans and the parties in real-time voice communication.
To know all about Voice chat and how players can use it, and the voice chat settings in Diablo 4, keep reading the guide below to find out!
How to use Voice Chat in Diablo 4?
Here is a step-by-step process on how you can use the Voice chat in Diablo 4 by Toggling Voice Chat in the Social Menu:
- Open the Social Menu when you are inside a Clan or a party. This can be done through the use of the Default Social menu hotkey or through the Map screen.
- You will see the Voice Chat button on the top-left of your screen. Select it to open the window of Voice Chat.
- Once the window opens, you can join either the Party or Clan voice chat. Select the desired one. If you are previously joined to any of these voice chats and want to leave that channel, then you also get the option to do so.
- After you are done making your choice, you will be notified by the in-game chat that you have joined the channel successfully. Now, you can either speak directly into your microphone or use your push-to-talk key to start talking to your party or clan members in the game. (Make a note of the fact the push-to-talk key is, by default, enabled. To change this, head to the Voice Chat Settings in the Options menu’s Sound tab.)
- With the help of the Speaker icon that you will find beside other people’s character portraits, you can identify them. When they start to speak, these icons will also start to glow.
Players can use the in-game voice chat in Diablo 4 for ease of communication while inside parties and clans. This feature is also cross-platform. This means that to speak with players on PCs, players on consoles can use it and vice versa.
Voice Chat Settings in Diablo 4
To access the Voice Chat Settings, navigate to the Options menu’s Sound tab. Here is a list of all the settings in the game Diablo 4, with their description.
- Auto-Join Voice Channels: Join voice chat automatically at parties when enabled.
- Voice Chat Mode: Switch between Open mic and Push-to-talk modes for voice chat.
- Voice Chat Output Device: For voice chat, select your desired output device. Whatever your game sound output is, it will be the default one.
- Voice Chat Volumes: The incoming voice chat volume is adjusted.
- Microphone Device: You can select your desired device for voice chat’s output and microphone.
- Microphone Volume: Your outgoing voice chat or voice volume is adjusted.
- Voice Chat Focus: Whenever in voice chat, someone in your party is speaking, then if this is enabled, the game sounds are attenuated.
- Voice Chat Focus Amount: Whenever in voice chat, someone in your party is speaking, then the amount of attenuation of game sounds are adjusted.
- Transcribe Voice Chat: The active voice channels enable text-to-speech transcription.
That pretty much sums up everything there is to know about using Voice Chat in Diablo 4.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on June 28, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.