If Ray Tracing is not working for you in Ghostrunner 2, or is greyed out in the settings menu, then this article is for you. Keep reading.
How to Enable Ray Tracing in Ghostrunner 2
If the Ray Tracing option is disabled or greyed out for you in Ghostrunner 2, and the game is not letting you enable it, is what you need to do:
- The first thing you need to do is close Ghostrunner 2 and Steam.
- Now, Go to this location: C:\Users\ [Your Username Folder]\AppData\Local\Ghostrunner2\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor.
- Open the file called “GameUserSettings”.
- You will find a line in the file that says “RaytracingEnabled=0”.
- Change it to “RaytracingEnabled=1”.
- Save the file.
- Now, right-click on the GameUserSettings file, and tick “Read-only”.
- Hit Apply after that.
- Ray Tracing should start working after this.
- Now, open Steam.
- Go to your Library.
- Right-click on Ghostrunner 2.
- Select Properties.
- Add “-dx12” under Launch Options (Without the quotes, obviously).
- Start Ghostrunner 2, and go to settings; you will see that the Ray Tracing option is no longer greyed out.
- Disable it for now, because there is a bug that causes the game to close if started with Ray Tracing enabled.
- Now, start the game.
- Once the level has loaded successfully, go to your setting menu, and enable Ray Tracing.
I know this is a very long process, but until the devs decide to take care of this issue, this is the only way you can enable Ray Tracing in Ghostrunner 2.
If the problem you are facing is serious, go and submit a ticket to 505 Games support. And don’t forget to check out the Steam discussions page of Ghostrunner.
If you think this guide has helped you, let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other game problems, try checking out our other guides on Ghostrunner 2. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on October 26, 2023
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.