Hitman 3 lag, fps drops, low fps fix – Hitman 3 has finally made its way to the PC platform. The story of the game is actually a continuation of the story in Hitman 1 and Hitman 2. Hitman 3 does come with better graphics than it’s predecessors though.
With that being said, players have already began reporting various issues related to lag in the game. That is why we decided to come up with this lag and fps drops fix guide.
How to fix Lag, FPS Drops and Low FPS problems in Hitman 3
I have said it in my other Hitman 3 guides and I will say it again. Make sure that your system is capable enough to handle the game. If it isn’t then there is no point trying the fixes below. What are the Hitman 3 recommended system specs you ask?
Processor: Intel CPU Core i5-2500K 3.3GHz / AMD CPU Phenom II X4 940
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7870
Processor: Intel CPU Core i7 4790 4 GHz / AMD Ryzen 5 or higher
Memory: 16GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 / AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
Hitman 3 – Best Graphics Settings
I am still testing different combination of graphics settings and will update this section as soon as I find a good combination. Here are specs of the test system:
- Processor : Intel i3 9100F
- Graphics Card : GTX 1650
- RAM : 16GB DDR4 3000mhz
- OS : Windows 10 64-bit (Version 20H2)
- HDD : 1 TB 7200 rpm
- Monitor Resolution : 1920×1080 144hz
- Driver : Nvidia GeForce Game Ready Driver v461.09 [Release date : 01/07/2021]
Update : Check out the guide to Hitman 3 Graphics Settings.
Clear the temporary junk files on your PC
If your temp folder has too many junk files then it will make your PC feel sluggish. As a result you game would also start lagging. So try cleaning your temp folder
- Go to the Start menu on your Desktop.
- Press the Windows key+R at the same time.
- Type in %TEMP% and press Enter.
- Select All (Edit > Select All or Ctrl+A).
- Click the Delete key.
If you didn’t know, there is a new feature in Windows 10 called Captures. And what this feature does is, it enables background recording so you can capture your previous plays. The feature is a bit like Nvidia Shadowplay. Here is how to turn it off:
- Go to Windows Settings
- Click on Gaming
- Select Captures from the left
- Now turn off Background Recording
Optimize Hitman 3 via GeForce Experience (Nvidia Users)
If you are a Nvidia user and you have the GeForce Experience application installed on your system then use it to optimize the game for your PC. Here is how to do it:
- Launch GeForce Experience
- Click on Home
- Check if Hitman 3 is appearing on the Games list
- If the game is not there then click on the Settings icon on the top-right corner
- Click on Games from the left sidebar
- Click on Add under Scan Location
- Select the drive where you have installed Hitman 3
- Hit the Scan button
- The game should now appear on the Games list
- Now go back to the Games list
- Select Hitman 3
- Click on the Optimize button
- Once the optimization is done click on Play
There are a whole lot of other fixes in the Hitman 3 guides section. If the fixes mentioned here are not working for you then you can try the ones from the other performance guides.
These are all the fixes we have for the lag, fps drops and low fps issues in Hitman 3 at the moment. Most of the steps listed are basic steps and they do not require you to take any advanced measures. Some of these steps or methods might work for you but nothing is guaranteed. We do have some other fixes in out other Hitman 3 guides. So you can check them out if you want.
Has this guide had helped you? Then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game then try checking out our other guides on Hitman 3. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all folks!