Elden Ring controller not working – Is your controller not working with Elden Ring on Steam? Don’t worry, you are not alone. Here are some fixes for you.
Fix Elden Ring Controller not Working on PC
One of the most anticipated games of 2022, Elden Ring, is finally out. And it is already breaking records all over the world. The last time I checked the reviews of Elden Ring, it was raining 5s and 10s. Every reviewer, every normal player, seems to be enjoying Elden Ring.
But it looks like BANDAI NAMCO has not managed to eliminate all the bugs and issues from the game. So far, new bugs have been popping up now and then.
Some players are now complaining that their controllers are not working on the PC version of Elden Ring. Especially, the Xbox controllers. A lot of people are having trouble connnecting xbox controller with the game. This is not surprising as bugs are quite common in AAA titles nowadays.
So now the main question. Is there a way to fix this issue?
How to fix the “controller not working” issue in Elden Ring
Fortunately, many users have already managed to fix this bug, and it is quite easier than you think. Let’s take a look at the fix that has been recommended by a Steam user:
- You need to opt out of Steam Beta first, if you’re on it. Just go to Settings > Account > Change > set to NONE – Opt out of all beta programs
- Save and restart Steam
- Unplug everything except your controller, Mouse, and Keyboard. Turn Bluetooth off and plug the controller in. Disable ANY virtual inputs like DS4 Windows, VJoy, and UJR
- Try playing the once with the controller now. If it works, then you don’t need to go through the next steps. If your controller is still not working, though. Please continue
- Now, If you have multiple Steam Library folders, then go to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders > Add Library Folder. Select your main Steam Library folder
- Open Steam and go to your Library
- Right-click on Elden Ring > Properties > Controller > Set ‘Override for Elden’ to Enable Steam Input
- Apply the changes
- Restart the game
- Make sure your gamepad is connected when you are launching the game
- You will know the gamepad is working if you can skip intro logos with button presses
If the steps given above don’t end up working for you, then you can try a different version of the same fix. Launch Steam in Big Picture mode > Manage game > Controller options > Set “Steam input per-game setting” to “Forced on”.
And that is all you need to do. Your controllers should work normally now. This fix has already been confirmed to be working by the community members on the official Steam discussions page of Elden Ring
Also, many users have managed to fix the issue without fiddling with Steam input, by just moving the game to Steam’s default installation folder. For example, the Steam Library folder inside your C Drive.
So, that is all on “Fix Elden Ring Controller not Working on PC”. If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Elden Ring guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue of the game on the launch day. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on March 16, 2022
Shoaib, 29, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoy new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.