The PC version of Empire of Sin is facing issues like lag, fps drops, stuttering, and various other errors. This guides consists a list of some of the errors and how to fix them.
Empire of Sin Lag fix, FPS drops, Stuttering fix
Empire of Sin is finally here, and the game is doing fairly well so far. It is a decent title and I am pretty sure people who like strategy games like Wasteland 3, would like this as well.
That doesn’t mean that the game is perfect though. Empire of Sin has it’s fair share of issues. A lot of players have already started complaining about issues like lag, fps drops, stuttering. Here are the issues that Empire of Sin PC players are experiencing along with some steps to fix them.
Lag has become a really common problem in games nowadays. And Empire of Sin also has this problem. Here are the things you can do to fix it.
Start by setting the Graphics options or settings to the lowest quality possible. Then start cranking up each setting one by one, keeping an eye on the frame rates at the same time. This way you would be able to see which graphics setting is causing the biggest dent on the FPS.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Click More Details.
- Select the Startup tab.
- Right-click on each item and select Disable.
- Restart the computer.
If this resolves the issue, enable the startup application one at a time to determine which one is causing the problem. You will need to restart between each application you enable.
Did I mention that you have to update your Graphics drivers? Also, do you know what the system requirements for Empire of Sin? Here they are:
- OS: Windows® 8.1 64 bit or Windows® 10 Home 64 bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i3-530 or AMD® Phenom™ II X3 720
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 460 (1GB) or AMD® Radeon™ R7 250 (2GB), AMD® Radeon™ Vega 11
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
- OS: Windows® 10 Home 64 bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-4460 or AMD® Ryzen™ 5 3400G
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 770 (2GB) or AMD® Radeon™ RX 470 (4GB)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 10 GB available space
FPS drops fix
The problem of random frame drops or fps drops is also present in Empire of Sin. Try the following methods to fix the situation.
Actually, you can try every step written on the ‘Lag fix’ section here as well. Lag and FPS Drops are more or less the same thing.
You can also tweak the settings of yours Video Control Panel to make the performance of the game better. Nvidia users, open Nvidia Control Panel, select “Manage 3D settings” from the left bar and click on the Program Settings tab. Locate Empire of Sin from the drop down menu under “Select a program to customize”.
For some reason if you don’t see the game on the list then click on the Add button and another list will appear, showing all the “Recently Used” applications. Pick Empire of Sin and now tweak the following settings:
Image Sharpening : Off
Threaded Optimization : On
Power Management : Prefer Maximum Performance
Low Latency Mode : Off
Vertical sync : Off
Texture filtering – Quality : Performance
AMD users can also do something similar on their control panels. Disable Radeon Anti-Lag, Boost, Anisotropic Filtering and Frame Rate Target Control. Turn off Image Sharpening, Morphological Filtering, V-sync, Maximum Tesselation Level, OpenGL Triple Buffering and Radeon Chill. Set Tesselation Mode and Shader Cache to “AMD Optimized” and Anti-Aliasing Mode and Anti-aliasing Method to “Use Application settings” and “Multi-sampling” respectively. Set Texture Filtering Quality to “Performance” and GPU Workload “Graphics”. Finally, just enable Surface Format Optimization.
Players are also complaining about the stuttering issue that Empire of Sin has. There are certain things you can to fix it actually.
If your laptop features a Nvidia graphics card inside then you need to make sure your laptop is using that instead of the low powered integrated one.
- Just open Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings located on the left side
- Select the Program Settings tab
- Under “Select a program to customize” select Empire of Sin
- If it is not there then click on Add and then select it
- Now set “Select the preferred graphics processor for this program” to “High-performance NVIDIA processor”
Close all the different overlays that you have enabled on your system. That include Steam, Discord, Nvidia GFE, AMD. Overlays are known to cause stutters in many games. So try to avoid them if your system is not high powered.
Set you Power Management settings to High Performance. Here is what you need to do:
- Press Windows+R
- Type powercfg.cpl into the Run prompt, then press Enter
- Expand the Show additional plans collapsible and select High performance
- If no High performance plan is available, click the Create a Power Plan button on the left
- Select High performance, name your plan, and click Next
- Set both of the drop downs in this menu to Never, then click Create
The Captures tool on Windows 10 often tend to take up a lot of resources and the Background Recording feature always records in the background while you are playing any game. So turn it off would immediately give you a boost. Here is how to do it:
- Open Windows Settings
- Click on Gaming
- Select Captures
- Turn off Background Recording
These are all the fixes we have at the moment for people for whom Empire of Sin is lagging or stuttering. We will be adding more soon. Click here to visit the Steam discussions page of Empire of Sin.
That’s all folks!