Tales of Arise controller not working – This guide with show you how to fix the controller issue in the Steam version of Tales of Arise.
How to fix the controller issue in Tales of Arise
Tales of Arise is finally available on Steam. Both the demo and the full release of the game is available now. The game is doing really well on PC, and RPG lovers are really enjoying the game. It looks fresh and interesting. I personally loved the visuals of the game.
But it looks like BANDAI NAMCO has not managed to eliminate all the bugs and issues from the game. So far, new bugs have been popping up now and then.
Some players are now complaining that their controllers are not working on the PC version of Tales of Arise. Be it a PS5 controller or a basic game pad for Windows, nothing seems to be working. This is not surprising as bugs are quite common in AAA titles nowadays.
So now the main question. Is there a way to fix this issue?
Fortunately, many users have already managed to fix to this bug, and it is quite easier than you think. Let’s take a look at the fix that has been recommended by Steam user /Dfactor:
- You need to opt out of Steam Beta first, if you’re on it. Just go to Settings > Account > Change > set to NONE – Opt out of all beta programs
- Save and restart Steam
- Now, If you have multiple Steam Library folders, then go to Settings > Downloads > Steam Library Folders > Add Library Folder. Select your main Steam Library folder
- Open Steam and go to your Library
- Right-click on Tales of Arise > Controller > Set ‘Override for Tales of Arise’ to Enable Steam Input
- Launch Tales of Arise, and start the game
- If you are starting a ‘New Game’, then the settings menu will come up first. Select Steam Controller Settings from there
- Browse Configs, and then pick ‘Official Configuration for Tales of Arise’ for your appropriate gamepad
- If you have already played the game, select ‘Continue’
- Press Tab > Controls. From there you can open the config
- Apply the changes
- Restart the game
- Make sure your gamepad is connected when you are launching the game
- You will know the gamepad is working if you can skip intro logos with button presses.
And that is all you need to do. Your controllers should work normally now. This fix has already been confirmed to be working by the community members on the official Steam discussions page of Tales of Arise.
Also, many users have managed to fix the issue without fiddling with Steam input, by just moving the game to Steam’s default installation folder. For example, the Steam Libary folder inside your C Drive.
Actually, there are more fixes available for this issue. There is a full Steam guide regarding this. You can check out the other fixes here.
If you think that this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, try checking out our other guides on Tales of Arise. Who knows, you might end up finding a something you have been looking for.
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on September 10, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.