Payday 3 is a first-person action shooter game developed by Starbreeze Studios and published by none other than Deep Silver. This is their third installment in the Payday Series and is currently available for all Gaming Platforms, including Windows, except Nintendo.
If you are one of those players who wish to play Payday 3 on their own and don’t want to matchmake with random people on the game, or if you only want to enjoy this title with your friends in particular, then this guide might be the perfect one for you to take advice from. There might be instances where you can’t join the game while in the public lobby, and that is where playing solo comes in.
This article will guide you on how to play Payday 3 solo or with your group of friends.
Is it possible to play Payday 3 Solo/Single Player?
Yes, playing Payday 3 Single Player is possible even though it doesn’t seem obvious from the main menu itself. However, following these simple steps, you can easily start with a single-player match on Payday 3.
- Log in to the Game and select Join a Heist and Matchmake.
- There will be a series of maps available for you. Choose the map you want to start playing on.
- The Lobby type is set to Public as a default option.
- Choose “Invite only” by toggling through the Lobby type options and then hit “Matchmake.”
- A notification will appear saying it is “Looking for a Match” at the top of the screen.
- After a few minutes, you will find yourself alone in the lobby.
- Choose your favorite loadout and favors within the stipulated time, but remember, as soon as you hit “Ready Up”, the match will start immediately. So make sure you prepare everything before proceeding with the match.
Payday 3 is a team game; even if you play solo, you must fight alongside random bots. Bots are stupid and predictable in Payday 3 but intelligent enough not to completely raise suspicion or compromise the mission. Although you cannot give them any orders, it’s better to have them cover our backs during crazy gunfights.
And with that being said, bots participate selflessly in gunfights even if things get a little bit sketchy. The AI Bots will battle through hell to help you complete the mission and be there for you no matter what.
Is it possible to play Payday 3 with a friend?
Even if you want to play Payday 3 with your friends, the process remains the same. If you are not interested in playing with bots or unknown people, you can choose either of the options, i.e. “Friends Only” or “Invite Only”. Remember that both lobby types will block random players from joining your session, so ensure you have selected these options properly. The only difference between these options is that
- If you choose the “Friends Only” option, then the lobby is open to everyone who is on your friend list
- If you choose “Invite only”, you can have friends joining your squad only if you invite them.
So this was all about how to play Payday 3 Solo or in Single Player Mode.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, you can check out our other guides on Payday 3. Good luck.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on September 25, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.