This guide will show you how to fix the save issue in Cyberpunk 2077.
Players are not being able to Save in Cyberpunk 2077
Cyberpunk 2077 is finally out across all the platforms. And so far the game is doing extremely well. There is no doubt that it is one of the best RPG titles of this decade. But that doesn’t take away the fact that Cyberpunk 2077 still has some errors and bugs that CD PROJEKT RED needs to fix. The “unable to save” issue is one of them.
A lot of PC users are experiencing this bug or error. Here are the things you can do to fix it.
How to fix
[Note: The fix on this article has been suggested by CD PROJEKT RED only. This is not something I came up with by my own.]
Remember, it is not possible to save the game during combat, braindance and some quest.
If you encounter issues with saving the game in other circumstances, make sure that Cyberpunk 2077 folder is not controlled by your security software. Windows Defender and Bitdefender are examples of security software that may be related to the issue.
If you are using Windows Defender:
- Open Windows Defender Security Center
- Click on Virus & threat protection
- Click the Virus & threat protection settings option
- Under “Controlled folder access,” click the Allow an app through Controlled folder access link
- Click the Add an allowed app button
If you are using Bitdefender:
- Go to the Dashboard of BitDefender
- Protection tab on the left
- Click on Application Access under the Safe Files applet
- Flag the check mark for Cyberpunk 2077
I would suggest that you take a look at the official Cyberpunk 2077 Forums. You will find a lot of players discussing about these exact same issues.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Cyberpunk guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue and bug of the game. Good luck!
That’s all folks!