Tom Clancy’s The Division 2 has not had a smooth launch lately. Since this is an always online title, it comes with a handful of bugs and glitches. The community is struggling with the performance issues at the moment and until Ubisoft addresses these issues, players will continue having a hard time.
Recently players have been reporting that The Division 2 is instantly crashing for them or freezing at certain instances. Players with high end gaming rigs are also facing crashes and freezing issues. The developers have not addressed this issue yet. So until there is a permanent fix for this there are certain tweaks that players can try in order to fix the issues. Here is how to fix The Division 2 crashing and freezing issue :
The Division 2 Crashing And Freezing – How To Fix
The Division 2 Crashing And Freezing – How To Fix Method #1
- Trying reducing your in-game graphics quality a bit by tweaking the in-game graphics settings. You can even change few settings of The Division 2 from your Nvidia Control Panel. This step is already listed in a detailed form on our lag fix guide for The Division 2. In this guide you will find the best graphics settings for optimal performance.
The Division 2 Crashing And Freezing – How To Fix Method #2
- Apparently it seems like the crashing and freezing in The Division 2 is linked with the audio or the no sound bug that is in the game. Follow Method 2 and Method 3 of our no sound or audio bug fix guide for The Division 2
The Division 2 Crashing And Freezing – How To Fix Method #3
Now this method has been recommended by a lot of community but we have not tried it by ourselves. A recent Windows Update is causing huge performance issues and severe input lag in many games. The update is called KB4482887 it is the March Windows Update.
The games that were primarily affected were Destiny 2, Sea Of Thieves etc. Players from all over the world were reporting that they are witnessing extreme fps drops when playing. Though it is unknown whether this update has affected The Division 2 or not but there is nothing wrong in trying. Microsoft has not released a fix for this yet so the only way to get rid of this problem is by uninstalling the KB4482887 Windows Update. Here is how you can uninstall the KB4482887 Windows Update:
[Note: Try this method at your own risk]
- Type “Windows Update settings” on the windows search bar and select the option
- Once you are in the Windows Update window just click on “View update history”
- Now click on “Uninstall updates” at the top of the window.
- Select the update that says Update for Microsoft Windows(KB4482887)
- Double click on it
- Restart your PC after the uninstalling is done
We are currently searching for a fix that will work for everyone instead of just a certain portion of the player base. Keep checking our website for more info.
Equip or Change Weapon skins in Division 2
Step to find and claim Pre-order bonus items and weapon in The Division 2
Check your ping in Apex Legends
Click here know how to mute players in Apex Legends
Click here for Devil May Cry 5 crash on startup fix
That’s all folks!