Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a third-person action-adventure title by Sega. It is set in an open world environment and can be played from both first-person and third-person perspective. It is a remake of Yakuza 2 so it follows the same plot but comes with new gameplay features.
It based on the the Dragon game engine which was also used it Yakuza 6. Yakuza Kiwami 2 comes with new gameplay features and enhancements, as well as new story elements to resolve confusing plot points in the original release and tie the game more closely to other titles in the series.
Players play as Kazuma Kiryu as they explore the fictional Japanese districts of Kamurocho, Tokyo and Sotenbori, Osaka. The combat system is similar to the one seen in Yakuza 6. A new “Majima Saga” story scenario features recurring series anti-hero Goro Majima as a playable character.
The game released for consoles a long time ago and recently made its way to the PC platform. The PC version of Yakuza Kiwami 2 comes with 4K resolution support, unlocked framerates, fully customizable controls, and plenty of graphics options.
The system requirements of Yakuza Kiwami 2 has raised a lot of questions. And it makes sense because the game requires you to have a GTX 1070 8GB or Radeon RX Vega 56 to run at 60 fps on 1080p resolution. Players have already started complaining about of the performance issues surrounding Yakuza Kiwami 2. They are facing lag, fps drops, crashes, freezing, etc. That is why we decided to come out with a basic performance guide for Yakuza Kiwami 2. Here is how to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2:
Yakuza Kiwami 2 Performance Guide – Fix Lag, FPS Drops, Crashing And Freezing
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 1
Check minimum system requirements of Yakuza Kiwami 2
Make sure that your PC atleast meets the minimum system requirements of Yakuza Kiwami 2. Players often make the mistake of buying games without checking the system requirements and they end up facing problems like lag and low fps later. Here are the system requirements of Yakuza Kiwami 2.
- OS: Windows 7 (64-Bit Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.2 GHz / AMD Ryzen 3 1200, 3.1 GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB / Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 42 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Pre-set Graphics Setting: Low, Target FPS: 30FPS (1080p at 75% render scale)
- OS: Windows 10 (64-Bit Required)
- Processor: Intel Core i7-6700, 3.4 GHz / AMD Ryzen 7 1700, 3.7 GHz
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce GTX 1070, 8 GB / Radeon RX Vega 56, 8GB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 42 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Pre-set Graphics Setting: High, Target FPS: 60FPS @1080p
So it is pretty clear from the system requirements that Yakuza Kiwami 2 is a very demanding title. So purchase the game only if your system specifications match the system requirements.
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 2
Update your graphics drivers
Outdated graphics drivers often lead to performance issues in games. Players may face low fps, stuttering and even crashes. Therefore in order to avoid all these it is always recommended to keep your graphics drivers updated. Here are the links to the latest drivers for AMD and Nvidia graphics cards:
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 3
Update your Windows os
Certain Windows 10 updates are causing a lot of problems in games nowadays. There has been a lot of updates for windows 10 that has caused fps in certain games to take massive hits. So check whether you have Windows updates available or not. Here is how you can update your Windows:
- Go to Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- Click on Check for updates
- Wait for the updates to get installed
- Restart your PC
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 4
Best Graphics or video settings for Yakuza Kiwami 2
Here is our detailed guide to best graphics settings for Yakuza Kiwami 2. In this guide you will find every single detail about the combination of settings we decided to go with for Yakuza Kiwami 2 and will also show how much fps you will get.
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 5
Tweak settings for Yakuza Kiwami 2 from the Nvidia Control Panel
[Note: This is for Nvidia users only]
- Open Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings on the left bar
- Click on the Program Settings tab
- Locate Yakuza Kiwami 2 from the drop down menu under “Select a program to customize”
- If you cannot find it on the list then you need to add the .exe file manually
- Click on Add
- Locate the folder where you have installed Yakuza Kiwami 2
- Select the executable file or the .exe file which in this case should be YakuzaKiwami2.exe
- Once added the program settings will now be available for YK2
- Set Monitor Technology to G-Snyc (if available)
- Set Maximum pre-rendered frames to 2
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Set Power Management to Highest Performance
- Set Multi-Display/Mixed GPU Acceleration to Single display performance mode
- Change Texture filtering – Quality to Performance
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 6
Increase the Priority of Yakuza Kiwami 2 from the Task Manager
- Launch Yakuza Kiwami 2 via Steam
- Press Alt+Tab to minimize the game
- Open Task Manager
- Click on Details tab
- Search for the process called YakuzaKiwami2 for the list
- Right click on the process and Set Priority to High
- Click on the View tab on your Task Manager
- Change Update Speed to High
How to fix lag, fps drops, crashing and freezing in Yakuza Kiwami 2 Method 7
Quit any sort of overclocking applications and utilities
Overclocking applications are one of the major reasons behind crashes in a lot of games nowadays. A lot of overclocking utilities like the MSI Afterburner and the Zotac Firestorm are causing crashes in games like The Division 2 and World War Z. So it is better to stay away from these utilities until they get stable.
Remember, these are all basic guides and we have not included any advanced method because we do not want people to mess with the in-game files because it might cause the game to break down completely. We have hopefully covered all the basic tips, tricks and methods that will help players towards their battle against lag and low fps.
You are good to go!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on May 9, 2019
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.