Wo Long Controller not working – Wo Long Fallen Dynasty is a new third-person action-adventure game developed by Team Ninja and published by Koei Tecmo. It is a free-to-play title on Xbox Gamepass Subscribers (both PC and Xbox) and is available on all Playstation and Xbox Consoles. The game seems to run well on the consoles, but many of the gamers on the forum are complaining about the controller issues on the PC and that they are unable to play the game using their controllers. We faced a similar issue when we first ran the game and could not do anything even if we connected our controllers correctly. After brainstorming a bit, we found a solution that might fix these issues.
So this article will guide you on how to fix controller issues in Wo Long Fallen Dynasty.
How to fix the Controller issue in Wo Long for PC
These are the three fixes we are suggesting:
Completely Disable Steam Input
The native profiles of Wo Long Fallen Dynasty get loaded if you disable the Steam Input. To disable the Steam Input.
- First, exit the game and get back to your desktop
- Open the Steam app and go to Library
- Find Wo Long Fallen Dynasty and Right, click on it, and select Properties.
- Select the Controller option on the left.
- On the right, you will find an option, “Override for Wo Long Fallen Dynasty.”
- Select the “Disable Steam Input” option.
- Launch the game again, and it will work now.
Use Wired Mode for Playstation 5 controllers.
It is preferable to use a Wired Controller if you are using the Playstation 4 Dual Shock Controller or the PS5 Dual Sense Controller. It would be best to use both cases with a Wired connection when running on a PC. Wo Long doesn’t feature doesn’t have any Adaptive Trigger or Haptic Feedback for PC, so it will generally work as a controller should. There are different controller Methods and controller types to choose from. Choose the Controller Type you are using, select the control method you are comfortable with, and you are done.
Check if the controllers are detected.
Ensure that Steam detects your controllers and is correctly displayed inside the Steam app. To check that
- Go to Steam and click on Settings.
- Go to the Controller option on the left
- Select the General Controller settings on the left panel
- The controllers that you have plugged in will be automatically detected.
- If not, then disconnect the controller and connect it back again.
- Restart your system and check again if it is showing up or not.
So this was all about the Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Controller Issues and their possible fixes. We had the same issue while running the game for the first time, but disabling Steam input worked for us. Using the Wired mode for our PS5 dual sense controllers works rather than connecting those wirelessly over Bluetooth. The controls are a bit jittery and a little complicated for the casual gamers out there and I hope the developers take notice of all the controller related issues and fix those in future updates.
If this guide has helped, let us know in the comment section below. And for more Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on March 4, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.