Wo Long Graphics Settings – Wo-Long is a third-person action-adventure game developed by Team Ninja and published by Koei Tecmo. It is available on PS4, PS5, and Xbox One/S/X Consoles and Windows. It is also available on Steam and is free to play on Xbox Game Pass. You will be in the shoes of a nameless warrior and have to fight monsters in a dark fantasy world.
So in this article, I will show you the best Graphics Settings you can use in Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty to fix stuttering, FPS drops, and lag. These settings will definitely help you balance out the performance without losing out on the quality.
Wo Long Best Graphics Settings to fix Stuttering and FPS Drops
Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty is a Graphically rich but less resource-intensive title, and thus, using the proper graphics settings can lead to a delightful and smooth gaming experience.
Here are the Graphics Settings that we have for Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty.
- Screen Brightness: As per your Preference
- HDR: Disabled (I don’t have an HDR Monitor)
- Adjust HDR: N/A
- Settings Type: Custom (So that you can alter every setting)
- Mode: Prioritize Performance (You will get a straight up 20-30 FPS boost)
- Maximum FPS: 120 FPS (Set it as much higher as you can, but you can’t go above 120)
- Screen Resolution – 2560×1440 (Set it as your native monitor resolution)
- V-Sync: Disabled (To improve performance)
- Rendering Resolution: 100% (lowering it will destroy the visuals, and increasing it will eat up your CPU resources)
- Texture Quality: Standard Quality (Standard Quality for a balance of perfect visuals and performance)
- Shadow Quality: Low Quality (Increasing it will cause the game to lag if you don’t have beefy hardware)
- Shadow Render Distance: Standard (Keep it standard for the perfect visuals)
- Ambient Occlusion: Disabled (Eats up a lot of FPS)
- Screen Space Reflections (Glare): Enabled
- Subsurface Scattering: Disabled
- Model LOD: Low
- Volumetric Fog Resolution: High (Keep it high as it doesn’t affect performance)
- Volumetric Cloud Quality: Standard Quality (Keep it standard as increasing it will increase the load on your GPU)
- Motion Blur: Disabled (Always keep this disabled)
- Chromatic Aberration: Disabled (Doesn’t affect performance)
- Film Grain: Disabled (Keep it disabled for cleaner visuals)
- Depth of Field: Disabled (Keeping it on makes the background extremely blurry)
- Lens Flare: Enabled (For shinier visuals)
Specifications of our Test Rig
We recommend running the Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty game on medium to high settings, as it will help you balance both the performance and the visual effects. Benchmarking games like this on top-end hardware is entirely useless. That is why we should always aim to test the games on mid-tier hardware, i.e. the hardware that people are gaming on, as all the games will run perfectly fine on the top tier Gaming Systems.
We tested out the Wo-Long Fallen Dynasty on the following Specifications.
- GPU: RTX 3060 Ti
- CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x (Not overclocked)
- RAM: 32 GB 3200mhz G.Skill Trident Z RAM
- MOTHERBOARD: Asus ROG Strix B550-F Gaming (Wi-Fi) Motherboard
- STORAGE: 1 TB WD Blue SSD
- PSU: Corsair AX 1200W Gold PSU
- DISPLAY: Odyssey G7 240Hz | BenQ GW2480 IPS (Dual Monitor Setup)
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- DRIVER: Nvidia Game Ready Driver 531.18 [Release Date: February 2023]
Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Performance Analysis
Here are the performance numbers that we have got with the settings that we have tested out.
|Minimum FPS(1% Low)||Average FPS||Maximum FPS|
|42 FPS||70 FPS||122 FPS|
The Wo Long Fallen Dynasty does need a lot of optimizations as the game, although it runs pretty well, still has its share of graphical errors and glitches. We also found the mouse movements relatively slow, making the game slightly slow-paced. The game, on certain occasions, stutters a lot, especially if you crank up the settings.
It is now a thing with all the games (except for some) to have tons of issues during the launch date, and it ruins the very first experience that a player wants to enjoy, which results in game refunds. Although this game is free on Xbox Game Pass, there isn’t much to complain about, but still, the gameplay would have been much better.
When writing this article, neither Nvidia nor AMD has released new optimized drivers so that the optimizations and glitches can be addressed. Still, as of yet, we haven’t received any patch updates from the developers either.
We do not recommend trying out this game on low-end graphics cards like the GTX 1050Ti, GTX 1650, or GTX 1060, as the performance might not be pleasing. Moreover, the game feels more like a Playstation Port (evident from the fact about the 120FPS cap), and PC players with higher refresh monitors are out of luck because the game doesn’t give you the option to have such high frame rates.
So this was all about the Best Graphics Settings for Wo Long Fallen Dynasty to fix lag and stuttering.
If this guide has helped, let us know in the comment section below. And for more Wo Long Fallen Dynasty Guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on March 4, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.