Valorant stuttering, fps drops and crashing fix – Wondering how to fix various performance issues in Valorant? Here is a FPS boost guide that might help you towards solving couple of those problems.
Valorant Performance Guide – How to fix Stuttering, FPS Drops and Crashing
Install the latest Graphics Drivers optimized for Valorant
New versions of Display Drivers or Graphics Drivers have already been released by Both Nvidia and AMD. These drivers are specifically optimized for Valorant and it is highly recommended that you install these drivers if you want to avoid crashes and freezes. Here are the links:
If you are a Nvidia user then you can directly update your driver from the Geforce Experience application. The driver is called GeForce Game Ready Driver v446.14. You can also download the driver directly from the link below.
If you are an AMD user then you can find the latest Adrenaline driver from the link given below.
Tweak the in-game Graphics Settings of Valorant
Graphics Settings in PC games play a very important role towards the performance output. This role is more prominent is FPS Competitive titles where fps is everything. You missing a frame might cost an entire match. So you have to always make sure that your games run without any issue.
The Graphics Settings menu of Valorant offers wide range of settings for you to play with. Here is a combination of settings that we think would suit the low-end gaming PC users the most.
Go to Settings > Video > General
- Resolution : 1920×1080 (Native resolution of your monitor)
- Display Mode : Fullscreen (Always run the game on full screen)
- Aspect Ration Method : Letterbox
- Limit FPS on Battery : Off
- Limit FPS in Menus : Off
- FPS Limit in Background : On
- Max FPS in Background : 60
- Limit FPS Always : On
- Max FPS Always : 144.0 (Change it to 239 if you have a 240hz monitor)
Now to the Graphics Quality tab
- Material Quality : Low
- Texture Quality : Med
- Detail Quality : Low
- UI Quality : Med
- Vignette : Off
- V-Sync : Off
- Anti-Aliasing : MSAA 4x
- Anisotropic Filtering : 4x
- Improve Clarity : Off
- Bloom : Off
- Distortion : Off
- First Person Shadows : Off
Override High DPI Scaling
- Right-click on the Valorant icon on your Desktop
- Select Properties
- Click on the Compatibility tab
- Click on the Change high DPI settings button at the bottom
- Turn On ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior’
- Set ‘Scaling performed by’ to Application
Disable the Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service (Advanced Method)
Note : This is an advanced method as it involves making changes to the Windows Registry. Do not try this unless you have proper knowledge.
A lot of Windows 10 users are complaining recently that a service called Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service or (sppsvc.exe) eating a lot of CPU and Memory. As a result they are facing stuttering issues an FPS drops in games.
So just open your Windows Task Manager and try to observe whether a process called Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service is appearing on the list or not. If it is then you need to temporarily pause it in order to prevent COD MW 2 from stuttering. Simply clicking ‘End Task’ on the process will do nothing as the process will be back again in few seconds. So here is what you need to do:
- Press Windows+R keys on your keyboard
- Type regedit and press enter to bring up the Windows Registry Editor
- Now go to this location : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sppsvc
- On the right-side you will notice some options
- Double-click on Start and change its value to from 2 to 4
- Restart your PC
This will disable Microsoft Software Protection Platform Service but your won’t able to use other Microsoft Windows applications like Microsoft Word, Microsoft Powerpoint, etc. Also, you will get a message showing your windows is not activated on your desktop. When you are done playing the game, just change the value of Start back to 2. Everything will go back to normal.
if you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, If you are facing problems that are not mentioned on this article then also you can comment below. We will try come out with a fix. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on June 5, 2020