The full launch of Solasta has finally happened. Version 1.0 is available on Steam on. The game has got some really great feedback from the community, and it is doing fairly well. But the game has some issues. Let’s talk about them and see if there are solutions or not.
Solasta Crown of the Magister – Black Screen When Starting Campaign and Infinite Loading Screens Fix
Black Screen / Weird Cloud When Starting Campaign
Some people are running into an issue when they first launch the campaign – after loading with the Tavern Concept Art screen in the background, they get… either a black screen, or a weird skybox showing some clouds. This issue happens because your WIndows is missing some video drivers making it impossible for Solasta to play the cinematic.
Press the “Escape” key twice to skip the cinematic. This should allow you to continue playing without issues.
Download and install Windows Media Feature Pack here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/mediafeaturepack
Rename/delete CotmIntroduction.mp4 that can be found in \Steam\steamapps\common\Slasta_COTM\Solasta_Data\StreamingAssets\
Infinite Loading Screen
Are you having issues with loading screens? The usual solution is to verify your Game Files Integrity on Steam.
- Sometimes, Steam doesn’t download the patch properly but still pretends that the download is finished. Because of that, your game get effectively corrupted, and you end up running into an infinite loading screen at some point – or even just when launching the game.
- Verifying your Game Files Integrity forces Steam to re-check the game folder, and download the missing files.
- To verify your Game Files Integrity, simply:
- Make sure you quit the game before doing anything
- Open your Steam Library
- Right click on SOLASTA Crown of the Magister
- Click on “Properties…” (at the bottom)
- On the top of the Properties window, select “Local Files” (3rd tab)
- Click on “Verify Integrity of Game Files…” (4th option)
Done! Now you just have to wait for Steam to verify / download the missing files.
Note: All these fixes are official, and have been recommended by the developers of Solasta only. I have not tried them personally, so I cannot guarantee that your issue will get fixed 100%.
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on May 28, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.