Shadow of the Tomb Raider is an action-adventure game set shortly after the events of Rise of the Tomb Raider. It’s story follows Lara Croft as she ventures through Mesoamerica and South America to the legendary city Paititi, battling the paramilitary organization Trinity and racing to stop a Mayan apocalypse she has unleashed. Lara must traverse the environment and combat enemies with firearms and stealth as she explores semi-open hubs. In these hubs she can raid challenge tombs to unlock new rewards, complete side missions, and scavenge for resources which can be used to craft useful materials. The game released worldwide on 14 September 2018 for Microsoft Windows, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
Click here to know more and buy Shadow Of The Tomb Raider PC. Despite being a very good title a lot of players have reported some performance issues in PC version of the game. Players have been witnessing lag and fps drops quite often during fights or even while exploring the world. Here is how you can fix any sort of lag, stuttering or fps drops in Shadow Of The Tomb Raider for PC:
Shadow Of The Tomb Raider Performance Guide – Fix Lag, Fps Drops and Stuttering
Make sure your system meets the Minimum System Requirements of the game
Here are the system requirements for Shadow Of The Tomb Raider:
- OS: Windows 7 64 bit
- Processor: i3-3220 INTEL or AMD Equivalent
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 660/GTX 1050 or AMD Radeon HD 7770
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 40 GB available space
- OS: Windows 10 64-bit
- Processor: Intel Core i7 4770K, 3.40 Ghz or AMD Ryzen 5 1600, 3.20 Ghz
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB or AMD Radeon RX 480, 8GB
- DirectX: Version 12
- Storage: 40 GB available space
You have to make sure that your PC atleast has everything that is listed under minimum system requirements. Otherwise there is no point in trying to run this game.
Nvidia Control Panel
[Note : This is for Nvidia users only]
- Open Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings > Program Settings > and locate the Shadow Of The Tomb Raider executable.
- Set Max Pre-Rendered Frames to 1
- Set Monitor Technology to G-Snyc (if available)
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Set Power Management to Highest Performance
- Set Multi-Display/Mixed GPU Acceleration to Single display performance mode.
Tweaking in-game settings for optimal performance
- Go to Settings
- Set Anti-Aliasing to SMAAT x2
- Set Shadow Quality to Low
Increase Priority of the game
- Start Shadow Of The Tomb Raider
- Press Alt+Tab to minimize the game
- Open Task Manager
- Click on Details tab
- Search for the process from the list. The name of the process should be “SOTTR.exe” or something more or less similar.
- Right click on the process and Set Priority to High
Update your Drivers
Outdated drivers could be the reason of performance loss at times. Here are the links to the latest drivers for AMD and Nvidia graphics cards:
Click here to get all Stellaris Console Commands
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on May 9, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.