Outriders looks blurry fix – Is the graphics of Outriders appearing blurry to you? Here is how to fix it.
Outriders is appearing blurry to some PC users
A lot of PC users might have already noticed by now that the textures of Outriders appears to be blurry at some instances. And the problem doesn’t go away even with all the video settings set to the highest possible quality.
Every time there is a cutscene on the screen where the faces of the characters are getting zoomed in. The textures on the facial features are appearing extremely blurry. The overall surroundings look blurry and washed out as well.
Considering how high the system requirements for this game are, this is actually disappointing. People who are playing this game on 4k resolution might not notice any difference. But people who are on 1080p monitors are really experiencing the blurriness. So is there a fix?
How to fix the blurriness
Fortunately, there is a fix, and it requires you to make some changes in the graphics settings menu. This fix has been recommended Steam user /MysteriousAeon:
Disable the FPS limiter!!!!
I have no idea why but the in-game FPS Limiter turns on automatic resolution scaling for some reason. Use RivaTuner/GPU Control Panels for FPS limiting instead.
Edit: Playing on DX12
For some reason the FPS Limiter seems to be connected to resolution scaling in the game. So in order to maintain the limit, the game is dynamically changing the resolution.
Turn off VSync. Also, I would recommend that you turn off Motion Blur. The motion blur in this game is not the best I have seen and might sometimes cause fast movements to appear blurry.
For Nvidia users
You can also try the following steps. If you are an Nvidia user then here is how you can increase the sharpness of the game even further:
- Launch Nvidia Control Panel
- Click on Manage 3D settings
- Click on the Program Settings tab
- Locate Outriders from the drop-down menu under “Select a program to customize”
- If you don’t see the game on the list then click on the Add button and another list will appear
- If you still cannot spot the game then you need to add the .exe file manually which in this case is OUTRIDERS-Win64-Shipping.exe.
- Click on Browse
- Locate the folder where you have installed the game
- Select the executable file or the .exe file
- Once you have successfully added the game, you will then see the program settings become available for the game
- Now click on Image Sharpening
- Turn it on
- Set Sharpen to 0.60
- Set Ignore film grain to 0.17
Here is how the game looks with the settings given above:
This issue has already been pinned by the developers on Steam. Here is the link to the original post.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing other problems with the game then try checking out our other guides on Outriders. Who knows, you might end up finding a fix.
That’s all folks!