New World lag detected – This New World guide is for those who are facing connection related issues like lag and frequent disconnections. Hopefully, some of the problems you are experiencing in the game would get fixed by the end of this article.
New World – How to fix Lag and other connection related issues
New World is finally available for the public to try. Not the full version, though. For now, the Closed Version of the game is available on Steam. There is no denying that New World is one of the most anticipated games of 2021, and you can easily tell that from the number of concurrent players playing the game since its launch. PC users who have pre-ordered New World on Steam or Amazon are eligible for receiving access to the Closed Beta, and if everything goes according to the plan, “New World Closed Beta” will appear in your Steam Game Library. The Closed Beta of New World will run from July 20 to August 2.
The game has been getting close to 200,000 players playing the game consistently since its release on Steam. This is probably the highest that I have seen in 2021. Outriders and Resident Evil Village did reach some impressive numbers at launch. But they were not even close to what New World is getting at the moment.
Unfortunately, the Closed Beta launch, so far, has been far from perfect. People are experiencing various issues and errors, left and right. But if you ask me, I won’t call this a matter of concern. This is what betas are for, right? I am really happy that Amazon Games decided to release a beta, as this would help the developers get some actual feedback. Trust me, this is nothing compared to the horrendous launch of Outriders.
In this article, I am talking about the lag that people are facing in New World. Now, when I say ‘lag’, I mean connection lag and not fps lag. Check out this post from a Steam user explaining the whole ‘Lag detected’ thing:
Lag detected & CalendarConnectedMsgHey,
Since today I’m getting, after I logged in about a minute later, the error “LAG detected” and a window opens saying “you are not allowed to continue playing”. Then, I can only confirm with OK and the character screen appears.If I then select my character again and click on play, I get the error message “Registration of connection did not occur in time: CalendarConnectedMsg” and can confirm again with OK. This happens continuously until I restart the game.
Let’s see if it is possible to fix the lag in New World and help the players who are getting constantly disconnected from the game.
How to fix the lag
Let me tell you, that I am currently located in Asia, and New World does not have SEA servers yet. The game recommends that I play on the EU Central Region, as the servers there, are the closest from my location. And my ping on EU Central is always more than 200. So I have experienced a fair amount of lag in New World myself, and here are some things that I did to make my experience better:
- Do a quick internet speed test and make sure that everything is fine from your end
- Make sure you are not using any sort of VPN or Proxy while playing, they can cause connectivity issues such as high latency
- To make sure that you are not getting losses, press Windows + R on your keyboard, paste this inside the box: ping google.com -t
- Press enter and see whether you are getting any ‘request timed out‘ or not. If you are, then your connection is definitely not stable
- Also, make sure that your latency is not too high (the number after ‘time=’)
- Close browsers or applications running in the background that might be eating up a lot of bandwidth (If you want to know how to find them, let me know in the comment section)
- Make sure that your computer isn’t downloading Windows updates or updating other applications
- If you have already created your character, make sure that the region you have selected has the lowest ping compared to others. If you enter a high ping region, the game will keep on disconnecting you constantly
- Press the Refresh button on the Character Selection screen before you start playing. Doing that brings my ping often down for some reason
- Go to Settings > Preferences
- Set ‘Bandwidth Mode‘ to ‘High‘
- Set ‘Enable Analytics Reporting‘ to ‘Off‘
- Go to Settings > Visuals
- Set ‘Player Nameplate Amount‘ to ‘5‘
- Go to Settings > Communications
- Set ‘Chat Message Fade Delay‘ to ‘20‘
Follow all the steps given, and go in-game. Keep checking your ping or latency while playing the game. In order to make the game show, your ping, go to Settings > Visuals. Turn on ‘Show FPS’. Your ping should show up in the top-left corner of the game.
If you are using Discord and while playing this game. Do this:
- Launch Discord
- Go to User Setting
- Click on Voice & Video from the left sidebar
- Scroll down to Advanced section
- Disable “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority”
- Restart Discord
Try Port Forwarding
You need to open the necessary ports on your router to allow traffic between the New World servers and your network. If you haven’t forwarded ports before, then I would suggest that you Google and learn how to do it first. You can even ask your ISP to do it for you. Open these ports:
- TCP: 80, 443
- UDP: 33435
Do a simple Router and Modem restart
- Unplug the power cable from your router and modem. If your router or modem has a battery, remove it.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then plug the power cable back into your modem. If you removed a battery from your modem, put it back now. Wait another 30 seconds for your modem to boot.
- Plug the power cable into your router. If you removed a battery from your router, put it back now.
Add New World to your Windows firewall exceptions
- Press Windows + R
- Type “firewall.cpl”, and then press Enter.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall
- Now click on Change settings.
- Search for New World in the list below
- If you manage to find it, make sure that it’s checked, and that both the Private and Public columns have a check mark
- If you cannot find New World on the list, you need to add it.
- Click on Allow another app…
- Locate and select NewWorldLauncher.exe, and then click Add.
- Once you’ve done that, make sure that New World has check marks under both the Private and Public columns.
One thing you have to keep in mind that New World came out just a while ago. The game is brand new, so everybody is rushing to play it right now. The servers are at load most of the time. And connection issues like lag or disconnections are quite common during situations like these. Give it some time. You will get your share of good experience soon.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more New World guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue of the game on the launch day. Good luck!
That’s all folks!