NBA 2K22 crashing and won’t launch – Launch of one of the biggest titles of 2021, NBA 2K22, is finally here. The game has been released on all the major platforms. PS5, PS4, PC, and the Xbox consoles. The PC release of the game is old-gen, though. The next-gen version of the game is only available for the PS5 and the Xbox Series X.
We all know, NBA titles are always highly anticipated. The scenario with NBA 2K22 is also the same. A huge number of players are already playing the game, and enjoying it thoroughly. On the consoles, obviously. NBA games have never been that popular on PC. Anyway, not every PC or Console user is getting the same experience in NBA 2K22. Some PC, PS5 and PS4 users are facing constant crashes in the game. There is apparently a launch error tied to the game as well. But only the PC users are experiencing this one.
How to fix crashing and launch issues in both the Console and PC version of NBA 2K22
I understand that crashes and startup/launch errors could be caused by completely random factors. Still, there are some basic steps you can try to fix the issues.
NBA 2K22 crashing fixes for PS5 and PS4 users
If NBA 2K22 is constantly crashing on your console, or you are getting the CE-34878-0 error code. Here are things you can do:
Check whether your console got disconnected from the internet
Make sure you are online, and your console didn’t get disconnected from the internet. You might experience a crash if your console gets disconnected from the internet.
Update the software
If your PS5 or PS4 is not updated, then you might have trouble with the newer games. Update is immediately. For PS4, just go to Settings, and select System Software Update. For PS5, Go to Settings > System > System Software > System Software Update and Settings > Update System Software
A lot of cached data could make your console lose performance. You might have to clear it. Start by turning off your console completely. Unplug your power cord and leave it like that for like 2 minutes. This will wipe out any cached data that your console was saving.
Delete corrupted save files
PS4 users can try deleting save files, as there is a chance they might have become corrupted. Go to Settings > Storage > Saved Data > Select NBA 2K22 > Options Menu > Delete
[Try this at your own risk]
Try Rebuilding Database. Start by turning off your console completely. Unplug your power cord and leave it like that for like 5 minutes. This will clear the cache. Now plug the power cord back and hold the power button down. If everything goes according to the plan, then you should hear a beep and then another beep after like ten seconds. Let go of the power button and your console should now boot in Safe Mode. As prompted on the screen, you need to press the PS button on your controller. A list should appear on the screen. Select the option Rebuild Database and hit OK. Depending on how much you have on your system, it could take a while. But with regard to the time, it’s still less time than reinstalling all of your games.
If none of these work, then you have no other choice but to re-install the game. We are still testing the game. More fixes on the way!
NBA 2K22 crashing and launch errors fixes for PC users
If you are a PC user, here are things you can try:
- NBA 2K22 System requirements – Before you move any further, compare the system requirements of NBA 2K22 with the hardware specifications of your PC.
- Drivers and OS – Update your drivers and operating system to resolve any compatibility issues. This should be an obvious step by now. The newer the drivers are, the better will be their compatibility. Doing this would also fix any DirectX or Direct3D errors in NBA 2K22.
- Antivirus software – Add the .exe file of NBA 2K22 to the Exceptions list of your AV Software. Or you can disable your Anti-virus software temporarily.
- Overclocking applications – Overclocking your GPU or CPU using certain applications could also lead to crashes. A lot of games have been suffering from crashes lately due to applications like MSI Afterburner. So it is best to stay on the safe side and run your graphics card on default speeds.
- Launch as admin – Just head over to the installation folder of NBA 2K22 > Right-Click on the nba2k22.exe file > Go to Compatibility tab > Check “Run this program as an administrator”. And that is all you need to do.
- Verify the files of NBA 2K22 – The launching/starting failure could be due to some corrupted files in the directory. You can fix that by simply repairing the game via Steam. Just go to your Library and right-click on NBA 2K22. Select Properties > Local Files > Verify integrity of game files.
- Re-installation – Re-install the game in the different location if nothing else works.
Word from the writer
I got access to the game just a while ago. So it is impossible for me to figure out very specific fixes. These are all basic tips and won’t require you to do anything advanced. I believe if someone has already decided to go for a refund. He/She might as well try to fix it first. I am constantly checking all the forums. And as soon as something comes up that is guaranteed to fix these issues, I will update this article. Just come back after September 10. Thank you for being patient.
If you think this guide had helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more NBA 2K22 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue and bug of the game. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on September 9, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.