Microsoft Flight Simulator slow download speed fix – Experiencing slow download speeds while downloading MSFS 2020? Here are some fixes that you can try.
Microsoft Flight Simulator (MSFS) 2020 – Slow Download Speed fix
It looks like a lot of users are getting extremely slow download speeds while trying to download Microsoft Flight Simulator. Now download speeds are influenced by a lot of things. It can be either due to the poor connection of the user or it can be due to the servers being on full load.
Problems like these are really common in games nowadays. But slow download speed in a game like Microsoft Flight Simulator can be comparatively more frustrating because the size of game is around 150 GB. Now imagine downloading 150 GB of data at extremely slow download speed.
Fortunately the developers of the game have listed few fixes on the official forums of MSFS.
How to fix the slow download speed
[Note : These fixes have been specifically mentioned by the developers of Microsoft Flight Simulator. Neither are these fixes from our side, nor have we tried them.]
If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following:
- In the Windows search bar, type Command and look for ‘Command Prompt’
- In the menu select “Run as administrator”
- Enter: netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal
- Press enter
You can also try the following:
- Close the app and restart it rather than letting it hang. Note: the download will resume from where it left off (you will not have to download from the start again)
- Avoid using WiFi when updating. Try using an ethernet cable instead.
- Turn off any security software that may be interfering (UAC, Antivirus, Firewall).
- Change the installation repository (from C: to D: for instance) or try creating a new installation folder in the drive of your choice (for instance create “MSFS” in your C: drive)
Click here to go to the original post. You will see a ton of comments from users claiming that these methods have actually worked for them.
If none of the fixes mentioned above work for you then there is one more thing you can try:
- Download a VPN. It can be any VPN, just make sure it doesn’t have data limits
- Launch the VPN
- Set the location to US New York City
- Restart the application
- Restart the download
If you have a fix that doesn’t require you to use any VPN or any third-party application then do let me know in the comment section below. Also, if you are facing problems that are not mentioned on this article then also you can comment below. I will try to come out with a fix. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on August 18, 2020
Shoaib, 29, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoy new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.