Lost Ark Increase Item Level – Lost Ark is a MMOARPG, developed by Smilegate, and published by Amazon Games. The game launched for the South Korean audience in 2019. And, after more than 2 years, it has been finally made available for NA and EU, in 2022.
Losk Ark offers the typical MMORPG experience. Farming, looting, raiding, PvP, PvE. Players can experience all of this Lost Ark. Apart from the 2.5D graphics, a lot of the aspects in the game, are quite similar to Amazon Games’ MMORPG from 2021, New World. But, Lost Ark is free-to-play, while New World isn’t. Despite, having some performance and server issues, the game has proven to be quite successful.
Anyway, in this article, I will be focusing on what is Item Level in Lost Ark, how does it contribute to the experience, and how players can increase it.
What is Item Level and why should you Increase it
If you ask me, Item Level is one of the most important aspects of Lost Ark. If you have already played Destiny 2, then let me give you the most simple explanation. Item Level in Lost Ark = Power Level in Destiny 2. Item Level in Lost Ark does the exact same thing for the game, what Power Level does for Destiny. I am pretty sure Destiny players have already grabbed the concept.
Now, for new players, the Item Level gate keeps what you can and can’t do in Lost Ark. Yes, it obviously shows how powerful you are, but apart from that, there are a lot of activities in Lost Ark, that are locked behind a certain Item Level. There are a lot of Chaos Dungeon activities, that have insane item level requirements. So, you should definitely, always think about increasing your Item Level.
How to Increase Item Level
The simplest answer to that would be, just get armor with higher Gear Score, and you will be able to increase your Item Level. The number shown under Item Level is actually the average Gear Score of all your armor pieces, combined. Which means, if all of your armor pieces have 850 Gear Score, then your Item Level is going to be 850 as well. Keep in mind, only your armor pieces contribute to your Item Level. The accessories don’t. Accessories do not play any role, when it comes to Item Level. Yes, you will lose your bonuses if you remove them. But, your Item Level won’t drop.
As I told, you need to equip armor pieces with better gear score to increase your Item Level. Now the question is, how to increase the gear scores of your items. Well, you have already acquired armor pieces that you are willing to use for a long time. I would recommend that you do this for Epic or Legendary (Artifact) items, only. Until then, just try to farm for better gear. With that being said, here is what you need to do:
- Go to any settlement, and look for the Equipment Rubric or the NPC that has the “Hammer” icon, on the map
- Interact with it, and select “Reclamation”. Basically, you will be upgrading, or enhancing your item
- Select the item of your choice, from the left
- Now, click on “Treatment”
- Treating items require various resources, and Shillings. For example – If your item is Tier 2, then it will take Sapphire Shards. If your item is Tier 1, then it will take Emerald Shards
- Anyway, provide all the required resources, and start the Treatment
- Once the item is at 100% treatment level, will see 3 arrows arrive beside that item on the left. That means that items level can now be upgraded
- You will notice all the required resources and money, above the “Reclamation” button
- If you have all the required resources, hit the Reclamation button
- After you click the Reclamation button, a new window will pop up, where you can see the success rate of the upgrade, and the items you can use to increase the success rate
- If the success rate is anywhere near 60%, I would say, just go for the upgrade, without adding any items
- Once you increase the level of that item, the Gear Score of that item will also increase, increasing your max Item Level in the process
And that is how, my friends, you increase your Item Level in Lost Ark.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Lost Ark guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on February 13, 2022
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.