Loop Hero won’t launch – This guide contains some basic fixes for those who are having trouble trying to launch Loop Hero on their PCs via Steam.
Loop Hero won’t launch for a lot of Steam users
Indie titles like Loop Hero prove that you do not need a huge budget to make a successful game. The game is doing fairly well so far with more than 30,000 concurrent players playing the game almost all the time. It is a great title, and I am pretty sure that people who love RPG titles and are not concerned about graphics so much, would love the game.
That doesn’t mean that the game is perfect though. Loop Hero is not free from technical issues. A lot of players are not being able to launch Loop Hero on their PCs. This game has extremely low system requirements. So, problems due to uncapable hardware is out of the question here.
Now the main question is, why is this happening? You see the problem is, it is hard to say specifically what is causing this issue. Startup issues can be triggered by various things. And the situation is different for different users. And if the issue is from the side of developers, then forget fixing it by yourself. Still, here are some fixes that you can try.
How to fix this issue
The good news is this problem has been already addressed by the developers of Loop Hero. Here is what Loop Hero developer /theRandom has to say:
From what we know:
• The game may not start if RivaTuner (or another program with OSD) is running on the system
• The mouse may behave strangely if the game is running on a secondary monitor with a different resolution than the primary monitor.
• Game probably wont start on MacOS 11
What he is saying is, any software with OSD or On Screen Display would block the launch of Loop Hero. So if you have applications like Nvidia GFE in-game overlay, RivaTuner, Fraps, etc running on the background. Try closing them.
If the fix given above, for some reason, does not end up working for you. Then you can always try the basic fixes.
- Try running the executable file or .exe file of Loop Hero as admin
- Check whether you are using the latest version of Visual C++ redistributable or not. As there’s a chance it hasn’t been installed correctly
- Check whether your Anti-virus software is blocking the .exe file Loop Hero or not. A classic case of false positive
- And finally, if none of the fixes mentioned above work for you then there is no other choice but to re-install the game completely
I would suggest that you take a look at the official Steam Discussions page of Loop Hero. You will find a lot of players discussing these exact same issues.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Loop Hero guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on March 9, 2021
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.