Wondering how to get those shiny Golden Skins for your weapons in Call Of Duty Modern Warfare? Here is how.
Call of Duty (COD) Modern Warfare 2019 – How to unlock Gold Weapon Skins
Are there Golden Skins in COD MW 2019
Yes, just like the recent COD titles, COD MW 2019 also features Gold or Golden weapon skins. But a lot of you might not notice them because they are not easy to unlock and requires a whole lot of commitment. And the amount of time and commitment that is required to unlock a Gold Camo for a single weapon is so high that isn’t even funny.
Infinity Ward tweeted out saying that you need around 15 hours of playtime with a weapon in order to unlock the Gold skin for that weapon. So if you are ready to engage in that sort of grind then continue reading the guide.
How to get Gold Weapon Skins
Let me start by saying that there is no shortcut or easy workaround for this process. If you want to unlock a Gold Camo for a weapon to showoff then you have to work for it. Here is how to do it:
- Go to either Multiplayer or Co-op mode.
- Click on Edit loadouts.
- Equip the gun the Golden camo for which you want unlock first. My suggestion would be the obvious M4A1 because of how good and easy to use that weapon is.
- Go to Gunsmith.
- Click on the Customize tab.
- Click on Camouflage.
- You will notice that there are 11 different categories of Camos or Skins for each weapon. Each category has 10 skins except for the last one that has 3.
- The last category is called Completionist and this is where you will get your Gold Camouflage.
- If you take your mouse pointer on Completionist then you will see that it says Complete all camo challenges for this weapon.
- And that is what you need to do. You need to unlock every single Camo or Skin for a weapon is order to unlock the Gold Camo for that weapon.
- In order to unlock the different Camo categories for a weapon you need to play with that weapon and level it up. Skulls, which is the last Camo category before Completionist unlocks at Weapon Level 71.
- Now each Skin or Camo requires you to complete different challenges in order to be unlocked.
- For example – The M4A1 Dragon camos require you to get a bunch of Hipfire kills, the Splinter camos requires you to get Longshot kills, etc. Just take your pointer on the skins and the challenges to unlock them will be shown.
- Keep on completing the challenges and eventually you will get to the Completionist camos or skins where you will get your Gold camo.
Start with a single weapon and stay committed to it. If you keep on changing weapons and hopping on different loadouts every game then forget about getting Gold skins.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also if you have any addition to make regarding this topic then also you can comment below. Good luck!
Check out some other COD MW 2019 guides:
- Call of Duty MW 2019 – PC Keyboard controls
- COD MW 2019 – How to unlock and equip 725
- Call Of Duty – How to activate Multiplayer Missions
- COD Modern Warfare – Best/Optimal Graphics settings
- How to check ping in Call of Duty : Modern Warfare
- Call Of Duty Modern Warfare – How to unlock and equip Combat Knife
- How to unlock Judgment
- COD MW 2019 – How to get Ending Misery
- How to unlock Old Wounds
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on December 17, 2019
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.
1 thought on “Call of Duty (COD) Modern Warfare 2019 – How to unlock Gold Weapon Skins [Updated]”
Thanks for the confirmation on gold it was helpful I’m gonna try to get gold on my x16 pistol it’s level 50 already