This guide will show you how to uncap or unlock your FPS in the PC version of Demon Slayer – Kimetsu no Yaiba – The Hinokami Chronicles.
How to Uncap FPS in Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles
[Note: This works only in offline. The framerate will go back to its default state as soon as you go online.]
A lot of users have been complaining lately that the fps in the latest Demon Slayer game is locked at 30. No matter what they do, the frames won’t go past 30.
Now, this might not be a problem for regular PC or Console users who are using 60hz monitors. It is the people with 144hz or 240hz gaming monitors who are getting annoyed by this. I am one of them myself.
And can we blame them? You see, once you get the taste of playing games at 120-144 fps on high refresh rates monitors, you simply cannot go back. Forget 30 fps, even 60 fps starts feeling like a huge downgrade then. So is there a fix for this?
How to remove the 30 FPS cap
As I have mentioned above, this only works in offline. Here is what to need to do to uncap the fps in Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles:
- Go to your C Drive
- Open the ‘Users’ folder
- Double-click and open the folder with your username
- Open the ‘Appdata’ folder [If you cannot find the Appdata folder, it might be hidden. I have mentioned the steps to unhide your Appdata folder below]
- Open the ‘Local’ folder
- Look for the folder called ‘APK’ and open it
- Open the ‘Saved’ folder inside it, followed by the ‘Config’ folder, and then the ‘WindowsNoEditor’ folder
- Inside the ‘WindowsNoEditor’ folder, you will see plenty of .ini files
- Open ‘Engine.ini’ using Notepad
- Now paste the following at the bottom of the .ini file:
- Changing the values of ‘MinDesiredFrameRate‘ and the ‘UpperBound=(Type=Exclusive,Value=60.000000))‘ will change your in-game fps
- If you want 100 fps, then you change ‘MinDesiredFrameRate=60.000000’ to ‘MinDesiredFrameRate=100.000000’ and ‘(Type=Exclusive,Value=60.000000))’ to ‘(Type=Exclusive,Value=100.000000))”
- Here is how the file should look like after you are done pasting:
Save the file. And that is all you need to do to unlock your fps in the game.
How to make AppData folder visible
The Appdata folder can be hidden for some users. Here is how to make the AppData folder visible:
- Open any folder on your PC. It can be a new folder or an existing folder.
- Click on the View option at the top of the folder window
- There you will find a setting called “Hidden items”
- Check the box beside it
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, if you have any addition to make regarding this topic, then also you can comment below. Good luck!
That’s all folks!