Modern Warfare 2 Motion Blur – Motion blur was introduced in Call of Duty because it increases the realism and smooths out the game’s appearance for players getting around 30 FPS or less. But most COD players dislike Motion blur turning on, especially during fast PVP multiplayer matches.
As we all know, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 is a First-Person Shooter game published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward in 2022. It is a sequel to Call of Duty Modern Warfare which first came out in 2019.
The game includes a wide range of game modes such as the Knockout, Prisoner Rescue, Third Person Game Modes, and a 3v3 Raid Game mode that will be available soon. A special Cooperative Ops mode will also return from one of the previous installments, including two-player coop missions.
The game is available on all the major gaming platforms like PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series S and X.
The Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 also includes the Motion Blur effect for you to have a better experience in the game. Originally Motion blur was meant for racing games as turning it off often leads to strain on the eyes and can cause motion sickness for some. If you face issues like that, always turn on the motion blur when playing, although this is quite rare.
But for a competitive multiplayer mode in COD MW2, we recommend you turn off the motion blur, as your primary focus should be the performance. You can see the enemies without the blur if they shoot you from the side. It also helps eliminate the lags that motion blur often brings and increases the reaction time. You can turn it on for the campaign if you want, as per your preference.
So this article will guide you on how to turn off Motion Blur in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2022.
How to Turn off Motion Blur Modern Warfare 2
Follow these steps to turn off Motion Blur in COD Modern Warfare 2.
- Start Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- When the Main Menu loads up, press the Start button and press the R1 button three times to get to the settings tab.
- Select the Controller Settings and press L2 to switch between the different game settings available. This is much different from the Call of Duty Black Ops or Call of Duty Vanguard
- Select the Graphics Tab and find the Post Processing Effects option under the On Demand Texture Streaming option.
- Under the Post Processing Effects option, you will find the World Motion Blur and the Weapon Motion blur turned on by default.
- Toggle those off, and you will have all your motion blurs turned off for COD Modern Warfare 2.
- While you are here, you can also toggle on or off the Depth of Field and Fidelity CAS options according to your preference. We recommend you keep it off when playing multiplayer PVP.
- For PC, open the Settings Menu and go “Graphics”.
- Click on the “Quality” tab on the top.
- Scroll down to the “Post Processing Effects” section.
- You should find World Motion Blur and Weapon Motion Blur there.
- Disable them.
So this was all about how to turn off Motion Blur in the COD Modern Warfare 2 game.
If you think this guide has helped, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Modern Warfare 2 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue and bug of the game. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on September 23, 2022
Akash Roy, 30, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.