R6 Extraction game pass – This guide will show you can play Rainbow Six Extraction for free if you have an Xbox PC Game Pass subscription.
You can Rainbow Six Extraction for free using Game Pass
After getting delayed a million times, Rainbow Six Extraction is finally available on the major gaming platforms. Originally known as Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Quarantine, Rainbow Six Extraction is a multiplayer tactical shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. This is actually a spin-off title of Rainbow Six Siege. But instead of being a PvP title, Extraction is a complete coop PvE game in which players must work together to combat and defeat a type of parasite-like aliens called the Archaeans.
Believe it not, this game is based on a time-limited game mode in R6 Siege in 2018, called Outbreak. That is why you will be seeing a lot of operators from Siege. Your job is to infiltrate an alien-infested location and complete objectives, such as collecting samples, extracting materials from computers, and gathering intel.
Anyway, R6 Extraction is also available on PC. Previously, Ubisoft used to release their games on two launchers, on PC. The Ubisoft Connect and the Epic Games Launcher. But this time, they have decided to make Extraction available on PC Game Pass, as well. Which means, if you have a PC Game Pass subscription, you don’t have to buy the game from Ubisoft Connect or Epic Games Launcher. You will be able to play the game for free. Here is how.
How to Play Rainbow Six Extraction using Game Pass
The process is pretty simple. Here is what you need to do:
- Make sure you are subscribed to PC Games Pass
- Open your Xbox app on Windows 10, and click on Game Pass, located at the top-left of the launcher
- Click on this banner on top:
- If you don’t see the banner, please update your Xbox app
- Once you click on the banner, you will be redirected to this link: gamepass.ubisoft.com/en-us
- This is what the page is supposed to look like:
- Sign in with your Microsoft Account. Make sure to use the account that you have used to subscribe to Game Pass
- Once you do that, you will be asked to log in to your Ubisoft account
- After you have done with all that, the page will show all the details. Check and make sure that everything is in place. Once you hit the ‘Continue’ button, the changes cannot be reversed
- You will then be asked to Launch Ubisoft Connect. In case, you don’t have it downloaded, then select the ‘Download Ubisoft Connect’ option instead
- If you manage to do everything correctly, then the R6 Extraction download should start as soon as you open Ubisoft Connect
- If it doesn’t, just go to your ‘Games’ tab and start the download from there
The download size of R6 Extraction is around 55.6 GB. The size of the main game is around 47 GB, and you can download the optional HD Texture Pack of 8.5 GB, if you want.
And, that is, my friends, how you can get Rainbow Six Extraction for free with the Microsoft PC Game Pass. Happy Gaming!
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more R6 Extraction guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue of the game on the launch day. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on January 23, 2022
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.
4 thoughts on “How to Play Rainbow Six Extraction using Game Pass”
I have Game Pass Ultimate, which has PC Game Pass included in it, and it won’t let me download it. Stupid thing.
What is the reason? Could you provide more details?
I have Game Pass Ultimate and i install it on both my pc and my sons Xbox (so far so good), but when i log in to my account and my son on his account that is the gamepass main account, he can start the game but i cant. the problem is that the game starts outside the xbox app and dont allow my account to start the game from Ubisoft Connect. and i can only start the game on pc when i use his gamepass account on Ubisoft Connect.but then we cant play co op, same user dont work of cours.
For PC, there is a different Game Pass. It is called Game Pass for PC. Also, the game is not available on the Xbox app on PC. You just use the Xbox app to redeem the game on your Ubisoft Connect account. Once you are done, the xbox app is of no use.