Elden Ring Co-op and multiplayer is a lot of fun, but it’s not easy to set up, unlike the usual NPC Summons and Ash Spirits, that requires a simple button press. In this article we’ll be discussing how to play with actual people in Elden Ring, both friends and strangers.
The important thing to remember is that Elden Ring coop multiplayer is rather limited and concentrated, with the objective of funneling the players towards a certain goal while working together. As a result, it’s best used to receive help with difficult bosses and regions, with one or two buddies appearing to assist you in overcoming the game’s most difficult obstacles. With that in mind, here’s how to play Elden Ring “cooperatively” with others, as well as the benefits and drawbacks.
How to play Elden Ring Coop with Friends
To play Elden Ring multiplayer with pals, one person must act as a “Host of Fingers“, and everyone else joins their world as a phantom player, effectively supporting the host with whatever they’re doing.
Now Finally, the steps towards playing with friends are as follows:
- You and your friends need access to an internet connection on your consoles/PCs to play
- After that, you must both enter the game menu and scroll down to Multiplayer
- Select Settings and enter an unique Multiplayer Password. Just make sure that you and your pals both enter it accurately and that it matches
- Now that this is done, anyone who isn’t going to be the host should use the Small Golden Effigy, which can be found in the multiplayer menu. Everyone should do this unless the one who requires assistance with a boss fight or challenging area
- A notification will appear saying: “Sending Co-op sign to summoning pool“
- Return to the very first area right beyond the Stranded Graveyard, looking down at the Tree Sentinel, if you don’t have the Small Golden Effigy. It’ll be leaning against the Martyr Effigy in the neighborhood.
- The host must next locate a little statue known as a Martyr Effigy in the area in which they require assistance. These are small, common sculptures with outstretched arms that can be found near the entrances of boss arenas.
- Interact with it to discover a symbol that will allow you to summon pals who have used the Small Golden Effigy and have passwords that match. You should be able to bring them in at this point!
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Elden Ring guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on May 10, 2022
Abhinav, 19, Writer/Editor at Frondtech and out-and-out a gamer until time lasts. From spending a whole day performing LAN parties playing cs 1.6 since he was 12, to playing rust and all kinds of other games, all day long. He does it all. At times, you can find him fixing his mining rigs and staying up to date with the latest crypto news.