Blizzard Entertainment is out with yet another banger today, that is correct, the much-awaited Overwatch 2 is now out!
As to what’s going to happen with Call of Duty’s Warzone 2.0, people will not be able to transfer their old progress into the new game. However, this is not the case with Overwatch 2.
Let me just point out here that Blizzard has been really thoughtful about this. You’re getting this correct, You WILL be able to transfer your progress from the old Overwatch to the newer one, this is very helpful for the game Veterans who do not wish to start afresh.
Via this article, we at Frondtech will guide you as to how you can Merge your old Overwatch account into the newer one, which will get you your progress back into the new game, so without further ado, here it is:
NOTE: To merge overwatch accounts, if you’re using a console, you’ll need to have a battle.net account, so yeah, there’s that, more about it below:
How to Merge Accounts in Overwatch 2
There are two probable scenarios here, one, in which you do not have a battle.net account, and two, in which you do have one.
We’ll start by covering the first scenario, that you DO NOT have a battle.net account, and if so, what you need to do is just simply create one. Here’s how you can do that:
- Use your Console Account to log into Overwatch.
- You can acquire a code by scanning the QR Code that appears on your screen using a mobile device. To register for Battle.net, enter it.
- Open the account from a browser once it has been created, then link the console accounts. The Accounts Menu and Connections tab both allow you to do the same.
- Choose the consoles you want to interlink.
- Once you’re done with the above steps, all you’ve gotta do is log into the game and confirm the merge with your battle.net account.
That’ll do the trick for you if you do not have a battle.net account.
Now, in the second scenario which is not to mention much easier, if you DO have a battle.net account, here are the steps you need to follow in order to merge:
- Log into your Battle.net account using either a browser on your computer or by simply accessing the Battle.net Desktop app.
- Here, select the “My Account” Menu.
- The link will open on your Browser
- Select Connections.
- Click Xbox, PlayStation, or Nintendo Switch to link now.
- Next, launch Overwatch and select Account Merge from the menu.
- Check to see that the screen displays the console accounts you want to link by selecting Continue and then clicking again. If everything is in order, proceed with the next set of instructions to complete the procedure; however, if something is off, return to your Battle.net account and make the necessary adjustments.
All of this is given, that Players cannot merge two PlayStation or Xbox accounts since you can only merge one account from each platform. One Xbox account and one PlayStation account only can be combined.
That’s pretty much it, that’s how you can merge your accounts for Overwatch 2. Keep in mind though, that this merging procedure can only be done once, so we recommend for you to re-check the merger, and make sure that you merge the one account you’re going to be playing a lot on.
Additionally, this merger can only take place before the launch of Overwatch 2, so, speed up fellas! See you all in the next one!
If you think this guide has helped you then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Overwatch 2 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue and bug of the game. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on October 4, 2022
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.