Lost Ark how to invite or join friends – Having a tough time in figuring out how co-op works in Lost Ark? Don’t worry, this guide will show you how you can invite or join your friends, so that you can play coop with them.
Lost Ark Co-op Guide
Nearly after 2 years, Lost Ark is available to people outside South Korea. The game was released in 2019, exclusive for the South Korean audience. In 2022, it was made available to the people of NA and EU.
Apart from some server issues, and some minor technical hiccups, the game has had a smooth release so far. By the way, if you are someone who is also experiencing server issues and lag, try checking the status of the server you are playing on.
Back to the main topic, it looks like some people are having a really tough time inviting friends to their party, or joining their friends. And, I don’t blame them. The co-op system in MMO titles, have always been a bit confusing. It is normally not as straightforward as in games like Destiny or Borderlands. There are some things you have to follow. Otherwise, you would be left scratching your head, every time someone asks you to create a party.
With that being said, here is how to play co-op in Lost Ark.
How to Invite Friends to Party in Lost Ark
- Launch Lost Ark
- Choose your server region, and ask your friend to join that same server. You and your friends have to be on the same server, to be able to play coop together
- Once you spawn inside the game, click on the ‘Community’ tab, located on the bottom left of your screen
- Select ‘Friends’ from the list, or you can even just press U to bring out your ‘Friends’ tab
- Select ‘Friend Request’ from the window, and type the name of your friend, to send a request to your friend [It is case-sensitive, so make sure to type the exact name]
- Ask your friend to accept your request from Requests > Friend Requests Received
- Once you are done adding your friend, right-click on his/her name and click on ‘Party Invite’
- Now comes the part that is confusing people the most, and the funny thing is, I didn’t see a single website cover this. I guess that is what happens, when you copy content from one another
- I am seeing a lot of players saying that they have invited their friends, but they are not being able to play with them. Their names and health bars are showing up on the left side of the screen, but they are ‘greyed out’ or ‘dark’. And even though sometimes, they are appearing on the map, but they are not in the game. I was having the same issue, actually:
- Well, let me explain. Every area, in Lost Ark, has different ‘Channels’. You and your friends have to be on the same ‘Channel’ to be able to see and play with each other
- Look in the top-right corner of your screen, and select a ‘Channel’. Now ask your friends to join the same channel, as well
- Once you do, you and your friends will be able to play and level up your items together
You cannot play all missions with your friends
Keep one thing in mind, there are some activities that you have to do Solo, and you cannot invite anyone to help you. I was in a lobby with 2 of my friends, when we were about the “What the Robbers want – Investigate the Toxiclaw Hideout” mission. As soon as we started the mission, we were thrown into different channels, and we were forced to do the “Toxiclaw Hideout – Defeat Enforcer Jago” mission, solo. So be prepared for that.
How to Create or Join a Lobby for Chaos Dungeon and other activities
If you are looking to do specific activities like Guardian Raid, Chaos Dungeon, Abyssal Dungeon, Boss Rush, etc., and you don’t have people to play with. Here is what you can do:
- Click on the ‘Community’ tab, located on the bottom left of your screen
- Select ‘Find Party’
- Now, if you want to create your own lobby, then select ‘Create Lobby’, select your Objectives, make the lobby, and wait for people to join
- If you want to Find a party for a specific activity, just click on the name of the activity on the same window, select your desired location or level
- A list of available lobbies should appear, and the number of slots open should appear on the right-side of the lobbies
- Select the one that suits you choice the best
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Lost Ark guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. Good luck!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on February 15, 2022
Shoaib, 30, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoys new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.