The Parasite is very fun to play around, but it is very powerful at the same time. This new exotic weapon is considered to be one of the wildest and most wonderful weapons in Destiny 2. Bungie did a great job in bringing this weapon into the game and in this article, I will guide you on how to get the Parasite Exotic Weapon in Destiny 2 The Witch Queen Expansion.
After a lot of hype and anticipation, The Witch Queen expansion is here already. The update has brought us a ton of new content for the game. As far as I remember, the update was around 21 GB on Steam. There are a ton of new Exotic weapons, Void 3.0, a ton of new powerful Legendary weapons, and of course, weapon crafting.
In The Witch Queen, the weapon that you simply can’t pass on is the Parasite. Bungie certainly turned their bizarreness level to the max with this all-new weapon. So in this article, I will go through everything that the Parasite has to offer and how to get it in Destiny 2 The Witch Queen.
Parasite – Weapon Description
The Parasite is an Exotic hive worm grenade launcher. Just like the Osteo Striga, the Parasite is one of the Exotics that are a part of The Witch Queen update in Destiny 2. The weapons fire hive worms against the enemies, and these worms explode on impact and deal heavy damage to the enemies. The Intrinsic perk that this GL comes with, is probably one of the best Exotic perks I have seen in Destiny 2.
With the help of its Intrinsic Perk, Worm’s Hunger. The Parasite hurls hive worms, and the size and damage of the explosion from the worms, scales with the number of enemies you’ve defeated just before firing the weapon.
The weapon can also be modified with damage increasing modifiers or perks. This weapon can serve well in PvE, giving it the ability to clear out swarms of enemies.
How to get Parasite in Destiny 2 The Witch Queen
Because it is an exotic weapon, so you might have to grind a little bit to get the weapon. Here are the steps involved in getting the Parasite Exotic in your arsenal:
- Complete the full Witch Queen Campaign mission with Legendary Difficulty
- Pick up the Of Queens and Worms Quest in Ikora
- Go to Enclave in Mars, walk towards the crafting area and interact with the Hive Worm.
- After that, you have to complete the Birthplace of Vile Strike
- Loot the chest and look for certain ripples on the ground and interact when prompted to, at the end of the strike.
- After that, place the hive worm on the table
- Go to Throne World and visit Fynch
- Open the map and locate the Cryptoglyph Rune in the Temple of the Cunning
- Defeat the Scorn in the Throne World
- After that, you would have to find an Entrance to the Sepulcher Lost Sector in the Florescent Canal
- Finish the Sepulcher Lost Sector
- Look for the same ripples and jump over the next statue to loot the final chest and place the hive worm there again.
- You have to complete the three patrols in the Florescent Canal.
- Open the map again and locate the Cryptoglyph Rune in the Queen’s Bailey.
- Look for the entrance to the Metamorphosis Lost sector in Miasma.
- Again look for the same ripples or Deepsight and then go through an alternate pathway to place the hive worm again.
- Open the map again and locate another Cryptoglyph Rune in the Alluring Curtain.
- Look for the Design Cache in the Alluring Curtain by shooting certain totems on the platforms and doing the different jump puzzles.
- Next up, you have to find the entrance to the Extraction Lost Sector in the Quagmire.
- Again, look for another ripples or Deepsight and go through the alternate pathway to place the Hive worm for the last time.
- After all these are done, visit Fynch in the Throne World, where you will be getting the Hive Casing
- Finally, Complete the Parasitic Pilgrimage mission with a recommended Power Level of 1520 to acquire the Parasite Weapon.
So these are the steps for getting the Parasite exotic Weapon in Destiny 2 The Witch Queen.
If you think this guide has helped you, then let us know in the comment section below. Also, for more guides on Destiny 2, keep an eye on Frondtech! Happy Gaming!
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on February 25, 2022
Akash Roy, 30, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.