EA Desktop App – Wondering how can you install the latest EA Desktop application on your PC? Here is a quick guide.
How to get EA Desktop App
What is EA Desktop
EA Desktop is an application for Windows that is here to replace the Origin launcher. It serves the purpose of a Games Store as well as a launcher. Built on feedback from players, the EA Desktop app is the newest iteration of EA’s PC platform. The beta includes new features and overall improvements to power a faster, smarter, more connected desktop app.
The EA Desktop app is a built-from-scratch PC platform for EA players, games, and content. It brings players a faster experience, fewer clicks to jump back into their favorite games, and powerful Playtime Controls to help them keep tabs on how much time they spend playing. EA is making it faster and easier to find and install new content, whether players are buying games or playing through your EA Play membership. EA is also rolling out new benefits to give EA Play* and EA Play Pro members even more from the games they love. And it all comes in the highly requested dark-mode interface.
How to get the EA Desktop App
At this moment, the full version of the app is not available. So your only choice is the EA Desktop Beta. But you won’t be able to get the app immediately. You have to register yourself in order to get an invite. Here is how to do it :
- Go to this link
- Verify your account information (This information is the same that you had in Origin)
- If want to make changes then click on the “Update your EA Profile” button
- Once everything is done just click on “Submit”
- Now all you have to do is keep your eye out for an email in the next few weeks announcing the live beta and next steps
Important questions regarding the app
- Who can sign up for EA Desktop beta?
Registration is open to all players with an Origin account.
- When is the starting date of the beta?
As an Origin player, you can register for the beta right now. We’ll be rolling out invites to download the client over the next several weeks. Please note: completion of registration doesn’t guarantee admission — access is provided on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- If I end up not liking the beta, will I be able to switch back to Origin?
Origin will remain live, so you’ll be free to toggle between the apps to continue playing the games you love in either experience.
- Do I need to re-download my Origin games on EA Desktop?
Any games you’ve downloaded through Origin will be ready to launch through EA Desktop.
- What will happen to the purchases I make on the beta platform?
All transactions (including a-la-carte games, subscriptions, MTX, and DLCs) on the platform are permanent, real transactions tied to your EA Account.
- Where can I find the purchases I made on EA Desktop?
Purchases made through the beta are tied to your EA Account — they will appear on both Origin and EA Desktop.
If you think this guide had helped you then let us know in the comment section below. Also, If you have any addition to make regarding this topic then also you can comment below. Good luck!
That’s all folks!