There’s a small flame in the God of War series of games, which doesn’t have an origin, but supposedly burns in all directions; this is called the Chaos Flame.
Finding this flame can be crucial, as it greatly increases Kratos’ weapon damage. These aren’t particularly new to the game. For anyone who’s played the 2018 release of God of War, you’d probably know a decent bit about the chaos flame.
The good news is, that the flame is back in God of War: Ragnarok. Kratos has a bunch of tricks up his sleeve, it could be the leviathan Axe, it could be freezing them while they’re charging towards you or simply just lighting them up with fire whenever you can.
The thing is, as you progress through the game, certain weapons need to be upgraded to keep them in accordance with the newer enemy’s health and abilities.
Now, when it comes to the Blades of Chaos you carry, you’ll need the Chaos Flames to upgrade them. Here’s how you can get your hands on this resource:
How to get Chaos Flame in God of War Ragnarok
There are 5 instances in which you could get rewarded the Chaos Flame, here they are:
- The Reckoning: Battle with and defeat the forest ancient.
- The World of Fate: Eliminate Frost Phantom
- The Quest for Tyr: Finish off Dreki
- The Summoning: Eliminate the Soul Eater
- Creatures of Prophecy: Defeat the pair of Dreki
Once you’ve collected all of these, the final step is to collect all of these sparks and then craft a Chaos Flame.
Furthermore, if you haven’t completed or even started any of these missions by now, you probably won’t need the upgrade on the blades of Chaos anytime soon. So we’d suggest for you to be patient and just follow the storyline.
How to upgrade Blades of Chaos in Ragnarok
Now, let’s say that you’ve acquired the required stuff, but what now? Now, you need to manually upgrade it. It won’t automatically just happen, so here’s how you can do the same:
- Press the touchpad and select the Map tab to make the map appear.
- On the map, look for a yellow marker with an anvil in it, hover over it, and press Triangle.
- Now, you should be headed toward the marked location, here, you’ll come across Sindri and/or Brok.
- Head straight to their table and press Circle.
- Waddle through your D-pad and select the Blades of Chaos.
- Finally, press and hold “square” to upgrade the blades of Chaos. Additionally, one Chaos Flame will be used per upgrade.
Now, if you’re wondering where else, you could find Brok or Sindri. There are actually a bunch of locations in the game, the most common one being World Tree Gateways. So we suggest you start your search there, if you have to.
The more you upgrade the Blades of Chaos, the more skills you’ll have that you can perform with them.
Moreover, it’ll increase the damage every time you upgrade it. That’ll make battling with particular creatures easier for you.
Finally, there are certain achievements that you could get by upgrading and using these blades of Chaos. Keep an eye out for those!
If you think this guide has helped, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more God of War Ragnarok Guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on November 14, 2022
Abhinav, 19, Writer/Editor at Frondtech and out-and-out a gamer until time lasts. From spending a whole day performing LAN parties playing cs 1.6 since he was 12, to playing rust and all kinds of other games, all day long. He does it all. At times, you can find him fixing his mining rigs and staying up to date with the latest crypto news.