COD Vanguard lag – This guide will help you fix some of the connection related issues in Call of Duty Vanguard. Some methods are recommended by the members of the community, and some have been personally tested by us.
COD Vanguard Lag fix
Call of Duty of Vanguard is finally out, and COD fans, who are not really into Warzone, are having an awesome time once again. People who play COD just for the Multiplayer modes, were not really satisfied with Black Ops Cold War. But it looks like, Vanguard is finally here to change that.
I have read some posts on Reddit, and surprisingly most of them are positive. In fact, I personally think that Sledgehammer Games have done an excellent job. After playing the beta, I was extremely disappointed, and had no hope for this title. But the final launch changed my view. I am already 4 hours into the game, and I am ready to grind some more.
The gameplay is great, the weapons are great, the maps are great. Apart from small technical errors and issues, I don’t have much to complain about. I mean, take a look at this Reddit post:
I was not expecting vanguard to be good
This has to be one of the best call of duty multiplayers in a very long time. The maps are are laid out and designed for awesome flow. The movement mechanics are smooth. They actually have enough server room to have nice server speeds. MVP in the end of the game is genius. Props to Call of Duty to listening to the community and paying attention to detail.
I am not denying that Vanguard is a really awesome title. But, I also cannot overlook the fact that it has the same old “COD problems”. There are plenty of performance issues in the game, and these issues have been consistently present in the COD games, released in the last few years.
There are these common issues, like lag, that a lot of users are talking about on the Forums. And, it is very hard to specifically figure out what is causing these issues, as some people are getting it, while some aren’t. Anyway, there are some fixes that you can try.
How to fix the Lag in COD Vanguard
Now, when I say ‘Lag’, I am talking about connection lag, and not fps lag. There are several factors, that can reduce your performance in online titles. Often collectively described as lag, these factors can lead to a host of in-game performance issues, including:
- Rubber banding – Your character is running toward a destination and then jumps back to where it was a few seconds prior.
- Disconnecting from matches – Lag can also result in your getting booted from a match or from the multiplayer lobby while matchmaking.
- Stuttering – An effect that makes your character appear to freeze and skip ahead while moving.
- Hit marker delays – When it appears you have landed several shots on an enemy, yet the enemy is able to kill you with fewer shots fired back.
Update – November 17, 2021
If you are facing lag and Packet Loss issues after the latest Shipment 24×7 update, then let me tell you, the issue is not with your connection. The Activision servers are currently unstable. Wait for a day or two, and they will be back to normal.
So, how do fix the lag that you are getting in Vanguard? Well, it is impossible for me to tell what is the reason behind the issue for each one of you. But there are some common stuff you can try to deal with the lag:
- Do a quick internet speed test and make sure that everything is fine from your end
- Make sure you are not using any sort of VPN or Proxy while playing, they can cause connectivity issues such as high latency
- Make sure to select the correct Region. Check your Ping, and if it is really high, then close the game, and change your region
- If your ping is high on all severs, then there aren’t many things you can do to improve your ping, as it is mainly dependent upon the quality and scope of your ISP and your geographic location in relation to servers
- Make sure that your computer isn’t downloading Windows updates, torrents or updating other applications
- To make sure that you are not getting losses, press Windows + R on your keyboard, paste this inside the box: ping google.com -t
- Press enter and see whether you are getting any ‘request timed out‘ or not. If you are, then your connection is definitely not stable
- Close browsers or applications running in the background that might be eating up a lot of bandwidth
- If you are connected to a Wi-Fi router, do a simple Router and Modem restart:
- Unplug the power cable from your router and modem. If your router or modem has a battery, remove it
- Wait for 30 seconds and then plug the power cable back into your modem. If you removed a battery from your modem, put it back now. Wait another 30 seconds for your modem to boot
- Plug the power cable into your router. If you removed a battery from your router, put it back now
- If you are using Discord, then:
- Launch Discord
- Go to User Setting
- Click on Voice & Video from the left sidebar
- Scroll down to Advanced section
- Disable “Enable Quality of Service High Packet Priority”
- Add COD Vanguard to your Firewall exclusions list:
- Open Windows Settings
- Go to Update & Security
- Select Windows Security from the left
- Click on Firewall & network protection
- Scroll down and select ‘Allow an app through Firewall’
- Look for COD Vanguard in the list, and make sure it has a tick beside it
- Both Private and Public needs to ticked as well
- If it doesn’t have those ticks, click on change settings
- Tick them all
One thing you have to keep in mind that Call of Duty Vanguard came out just a while ago. The game is brand new, so everybody is rushing to play it right now. The servers are at load most of the time. And connection issues like lag or disconnections are quite common during situations like these. Give it some time. You will get your share of good experience soon.
That’s all folks!
Last Updated on November 18, 2021
Shoaib, 29, is a simple guy who loves to play video games, and enjoy new cuisines sporadically. He has been gaming since he was 7 years old, and with an experience of 22 years, under his belt, there is not a single AAA game in this world, that he hasn’t played. Despite being a MBA Graduate he decided to follow his passion. And because of his love for gaming, Frondtech came into existence.