Honkai Star Rail is a Space Fantasy RPG Game developed and published by miHoYo in China. It is a mobile game that was later ported to PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 as well. The game has a very positive response, and if you are a fan of RPG games, then this is a must-play title.
As goes with any new game, it’s bound to face some bugs as updates roll out or till the first version of the game stays in force. Such is the case with the game Honkai Star Rail, too. Players have reported facing the Pink screen bug, which isn’t just the case for PC players; it’s happening all across (Android, iOS, and Windows).
This particular bug occurs at random times, such as while in battle or when roaming around exploring new regions, so there isn’t anything you can do to avoid it. However, we’ve got a fix for it!
So this article will guide you on how to fix the Pink Screen Bug in Honkai Star Rail.
How to fix the Honkai Star Rail Pink Screen bug
Remember that this Pink Screen bug fix will depend on the platform you are playing the game on, and here are some potential fixes for you.
For PC Players:
- Make sure that your game is up to date. To do the same, you can launch the game, and before you click on “start your journey”, click on the update option that’ll be on the left side of your screen. If there’s any pending update, the game will download it and install it.
- Another possible reason that you could be getting this error could be an outdated graphics card driver. No matter what GPU you’ve got, make sure it’s up to date!
- *If you downloaded the game from Epic Games Store*, this method might work for you. All you have to do is verify the integrity of your game’s files. This’ll ensure that if your game has any missing or corrupted files, they’re re-downloaded and reset.
- Start by exiting the game and launching the Epic Games Client.
- Head to the library and click the triple dot option next to the game’s banner.
- There on, click on verify, and Epic Games will automatically verify the game’s files for you. It’ll be quicker if you’ve downloaded the game on your SSD.
- Once done, start the game and check if the bug still occurs.
- If any of the above steps haven’t solved the bug for you, uninstalling and reinstalling the game might do it!
For Mobile Players:
- Ensure that your games are updated to their latest version, head to the app store or play store, search for Honkai Star Rail, and if there’s an “update” option, click on the same. If you see an open and uninstall option, your game is up to date.
- Delete temporary cache files; this solves the issue for many players!
- One final fix that is very well-known for this bug is to switch the display mode settings to “Normal Mode”. Here’s how you can do the same:
- At the starting menu of the game, click on settings.
- Then head to “other settings”.
- Open up “display mode”.
- The game will be in Compatible mode by default; click on it and change it to “normal mode”.
- This might do the trick for you!
- If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the game!
So that’s all we had on how you could fix the Pink Screen bug in Honkai Star Rail. If you have some other fixes as well, do not hesitate to comment down below.
If you think this guide has helped you, let us know in the comment section below. And for more Honkai Star Rail guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on May 10, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.