Honkai Game Files Verification Failed Error – Honkai Rail is a third-person fantasy RPG game developed in China. It resembles Genshin Impact and features visually appealing cartoonish graphics and great gameplay. The game got a positive response and is a must-play for everyone!
The game’s creators, HoYoVerse, are very well known for introducing games that usually have game file issues; look at Genshin Impact if you don’t believe us. The same is the case with Honkai Star Rail, unfortunately. The game’s facing a number of issues, like the Pink Screen bug and the Game Files Verification Failed Error. We’ve covered how you could fix the Pink Screen bug in an earlier article; make sure you check it out!
Players have reported on the forums that they face this particular error that crashes the game as soon as they launch it or during mid-battle. This issue could be because of damaged, corrupted or missing files, and to fix this issue; players have two options: to verify the game’s files and to clear Honkai Star Rail download resources.
But if you are still confused about where to start, this article will help you fix Game Files Verification Failed error in Honkai Star Rail.
How to fix Game Files Verification Failed Error in Honkai Star Rail
This issue could occur anytime, given that HoYoVerse rolls out updates to the game in really short intervals. Further, if your download for the game’s update was interrupted due to something, this might cause this error to arise. However, one positive is that you can use the game’s launcher to clear outdated or damaged files, hence fixing the game. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open up the game’s launcher application.
- You’ll notice three dots next to the play button; click on the same.
- Here on, click on the clear download resources option.
- Once you’ve done the same, exit the launcher and relaunch it.
- Click on the play button and wait for the files to be downloaded by the game.
The game should fix the issue once you’ve completed this process.
Fix for PC
If you play Honkai Star Rail via Epic Games Launcher, you’ll have a Verify game files option, the Epic Games Launcher itself. Here’s how you could use the Epic Games Launcher to fix your game:
- Open up Epic Games Launcher and head to the library.
- Once here, select Honkai Star Rail and click on the three dots option that you’ll find below the game.
- Click on Manage and then on Verify.
- Epic Games Launcher will now verify the integrity of your game’s files to check if any of those files are damaged, corrupted or missing; the launcher will automatically download the same and fix the game for you.
Fix the Game Files Verification Failed on Mobile Devices:
Here are the steps to fix the issue on Mobile devices.
- Restart your phone.
- Clear the games Cache files
- Check your network connection
- Turn off the battery saver or battery optimization
- If the above options do not fix the error for you, reinstall the game.
So that’s everything we had on how you could fix the Honkai Star Rail Game Files Verification Failed Error. If you have further suggestions, let us know in the comments.
If you think this guide has helped you, let us know in the comment section below. And for more Honkai Star Rail guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on May 10, 2023
Akash Roy, 31, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.