Disable Crossplay Warzone 2 – If you don’t want to play Warzone 2 with players using a different console or gaming platform, you can disable the Crossplay option altogether. Read more to know how.
Call of Duty Warzone 2 is a first-person action shooter game with a single Battle Royale Mode. Like PUBG, this is a free title and a sequel to the famous Call of Duty Warzone. The game was released on the 16th of November and is available on all platforms like Sony PS4 and PS5 Consoles, Xbox S/X and One and even on PC (Microsoft Windows). Although the game features more or less the same mechanics as compared to a prequel, the graphics and the shooting feel much better in Warzone 2.0.
Remember that after the update on the 28th of October, Infinity Ward has removed the Crossplay option in both Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 for PC and PC players will not be able to matchmake with console players.
On the other hand, Crossplay is available on the consoles, and you can matchmake with players playing the game on a different gaming platform. But only some players would love to matchmake with players using a different gaming platform so that you can disable the Crossplay option altogether. But if you wish to re-enable it again, you can easily do that as well.
Enabling and disabling this feature is easy, so this article will guide you on how to disable Crossplay in Call of Duty Warzone 2.
How to Disable Crossplay in Warzone 2
Follow these steps to quickly disable Crossplay in the all-new Call of Duty Warzone 2 game.
- First, launch the game and then go to the Multiplayer options present on the right side of the screen.
- As soon as you enter into the Multiplayer options dont, select any missions or terrains to play but instead head over to the options menu, which you will find on the top right corner of the screen.
- Select Settings from the Menu options.
- From Settings, find the Account and Networks tab.
- The Crossplay option will be there under the Online Settings.
- Toggle it on or off, depending upon your preferences.
- If you turn it on, you will be allowed to match-make with players playing on a different gaming platform, and if you turn it off, you will only be able to play the game with players using your Gaming platform. For example, if I am playing COD Warzone 2 on PlayStation, then I will only be allowed to matchmake with players playing on the PlayStation itself.
Crossplay is a great option, especially for games like Call of Duty, because it helps you connect with players from different platforms so that you can team up with your best squads, irrespective of the consoles they are using.
So this was all about how to enable or disable Crossplay in Warzone 2.
If you think this guide has helped, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more COD Warzone 2 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue and bug of the game. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on November 23, 2022
Akash Roy, 30, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.