Pokemon’s latest additions to its series of games, Pokemon Scarlet and Violet, were released on the 18th of November, 2022.
Keeping up with the current gaming scenario, the game offers an open-world free-roam experience that you could have even with your Friends if you’d like!
Almost every game today offers some kind of personalization/customization that makes people feel more engaged in the game’s storyline or maybe the game itself, as a whole.
Pokemon Scarlet and Violet offer a similar feature, wherein you can change the name of your Pokemon. In the earlier pokemon games, you’d have to go to a particular NPC in a particular spot, to just change your Pokemon’s name.
The good news is that this isn’t the case with Scarlet and Violet. Now, it has become easier than ever to change your Pokemon’s name, you won’t have to visit any NPC whatsoever, and it could be done just by using the game UI.
Here’s how you can change your Pokemon’s name in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
How to change Pokemon Name in Pokemon Scarlet Violet
First things first, you’ll have to head to your main menu and open up the “check summary” option on the pokemon you wish to change the name of.
What follows is a new screen that’ll display details regarding your Pokemon, such as its stats.
Once you’re on this screen, press X. This’ll allow for you to change your Pokemon’s name.
If the above procedure was a bit difficult to follow, do not worry, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can change your Pokemon’s name in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet:
- Open up the menu screen by Pressing X on your controller.
- Look for the pokemon you want to change the name of.
- Once you’ve done so, select it and press A
- Choose the “check summary” option
- Now, another screen will pop up. Once it has, press X on your Controller to change your Pokemon’s name.
- Type in the name you’ve decided for your pokemon
- Press “+” or just select OK to save your changes.
- Once you’ve completed the above procedure, your Pokemon’s name should be changed. If not, just re-do it once, and it’ll be changed. You might’ve missed out on the saving part!
That’s how convenient it is in Pokemon Scarlet and Violet to change your Pokemon’s name.
If you think this guide has helped, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Pokemon Scarlet and Violet Guides, keep an eye on Frondtech.
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on November 30, 2022
Abhinav, 19, Writer/Editor at Frondtech and out-and-out a gamer until time lasts. From spending a whole day performing LAN parties playing cs 1.6 since he was 12, to playing rust and all kinds of other games, all day long. He does it all. At times, you can find him fixing his mining rigs and staying up to date with the latest crypto news.