Change FOV in Modern Warfare 2 – Field of View is a critical setting for multiplayer First-Person shooter games. The FOV determines how much of the game area or game world you want to see during a particular moment in the game. The new COD Modern Warfare has included new Field of View options for you to choose from and customize according to your preference.
The Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 2022 is a First-Person Shooter game published by Activision and developed by Infinity Ward. It is a sequel to Call of Duty Modern Warfare which first came out in 2019 and is available on all the major gaming platforms like Playstation 4, Playstation 5, PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series S and X.
The game includes a wide range of game modes such as the Knockout, Prisoner Rescue, Third Person Game Modes, and a 3v3 Raid Game mode that will be available soon.
This game is highly anticipated, especially after Activision received massive criticism for Call of Duty Vanguard. You will be able to play with different Modern Warfare Iconic characters like Captain John Price, Sergeant Kyle Gaz, and much more. The developers added new Mexican special forces as well in this game.
In COD MW2, the FOV will depend on your monitor/TV’s aspect ratio and the rendering resolution and will increase with a wider aspect ratio as you increase the FOV meter in the game settings.
To put it into perspective, if you improve the FOV, you will have a wider aspect ratio, and you will be able to see more enemies, but it will hamper performance; on the other hand, if you lower the FOV, your viewing area will be shortened, but you will have better performance because the screen has to render fewer objects at any given moment of the game. However, you can change the settings if you have different aspect ratio monitors like Ultrawide.
So this article will guide you on how to change the field of view in COD Modern Warfare 2.
How to change FOV in Modern Warfare 2
Follow these steps to change the Field of View in COD Modern Warfare 2.
- Start Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2
- When the Main Menu loads up, press the Start button and press the R1 button three times to get to the settings tab.
- Select the Controller Settings and press L2 to switch between the different game settings available. This menu design is much different from the Call of Duty Black Ops or Call of Duty Vanguard
- Select the Graphics Tab and scroll down to find the Field of View Option
- Just beside the Field of View is a meter with different variables; you can set this up according to your preference. The view ranges from 60 to 120, with the latter being the widest.
- There are other settings like the ADS Field of View and the Weapon Field of View. You can change these by selecting one from the drop-down menu according to your preference.
- You can also change the 3rd Person’s Field of View in the game as this game features a third-person view.
Remember that changing the field of view values might fetch you lower frame rates along with graphical artifacts.
So this was all about how to change the field of view in COD Modern Warfare 2.
If you think this guide has helped, then let us know in the comment section below. And for more Modern Warfare 2 guides, keep an eye on Frondtech. We will be covering every single technical issue and bug of the game. Good luck!
That’s all, folks!
Last Updated on September 22, 2022
Akash Roy, 29, Senior Editor at Frondtech and an avid gamer by choice dabbles in all things tech. Whether be it spending hours in single-player narrative-based games or going through the latest innovation in technology and chip manufacturing he prefers to stay on top of things. At the other times, you’ll find him tucked away drumming and headbanging to Rock and Roll Classics.